Barry Boys...

Grundy

I read that link, fair play to him punching that guy. What did he expect to happen, common sense isn't common it appears especially amongst the members of that site. They rip the pi$$ out of the guys car, and its not like, 'oh god that is a shocker' its pages and pages of vile sputum and shocking language. I think its bloody hilarious that one of the keyboard warriors got punched, everyone said he handled it well, sounded to me like he bottled it, turned his back and done a runner.

I think it would make an interesting court case, that this group of people bait owners of cars, then abuse them online and then one of them hilariously gets popped.

That's the thing. A little slagging here and there is funny. Those guys are just jobsworths you can tell. Also it should be that they have to take out the persons number plate too.

I actually wish he had the crap kicked out of him to show that if your billy big balls on the net and insult other people in that way you got to pay for it.

• Like 1

Its the flyer bit that really gets me, that they deliberately incite a reaction, then get people to sign in. I mean, what do they think these people are going to do? Sign in and go, yeah you are all right and I am an idiot? Its a deliberate ploy to get people onto the site knowing they are wound up, bait them and abuse them. If you want a physical definition of what a 'keyboard warrior' or 'internet troll' is, the people on that site seem to be it!

• Like 2

Its the flyer bit that really gets me, that they deliberately incite a reaction, then get people to sign in. I mean, what do they think these people are going to do? Sign in and go, yeah you are all right and I am an idiot? Its a deliberate ploy to get people onto the site knowing they are wound up, bait them and abuse them. If you want a physical definition of what a 'keyboard warrior' or 'internet troll' is, the people on that site seem to be it!

exactly its a weird predator prey situation with no winner really. They are just sad loser really.

Be interesting to see what they would say if we posted 5 of our cars on there :lol:

They are a joke though, it's one thing finding odd looking cars (Like we did in the thread I started 'Find car on eBay to make us laugh etc) And just pointing out amusing things about it. But Going as far insulting the owner and just saying sick horrible things is too much. Some of the cars on that site are generally really nice and had a lot of work gone into it.

There was a thread about a guy getting a leaflet on his brand new Mustang....and they were all calling it a shed :lol: Stupid people.

• Like 1

That's the thing Grundy, you suspect that the majority actually know very little about cars. Like that plonker that thought a highly tuned 'sitckered' track winning car was a shed. The best people can do is just not log in and let them laugh along with each others jokes in their own little bubble.

• Like 1

I don't get it, it's all hate, no love, there's got to be some love on a car site surely? Being a regular there must get you down after a while. Everything in the world is up for having the **** gently extracted IMHO, but just vitriol ALL OF the time? What would Freud say?

• Like 1

I don't get it, it's all hate, no love, there's got to be some love on a car site surely? Being a regular there must get you down after a while. Everything in the world is up for having the **** gently extracted IMHO, but just vitriol ALL OF the time? What would Freud say?

I think we should get things clear here, its not a car site, its a pi$$ taking site that happens to be about cars. I am just astonished that anyone would be sad enough to sign up to a site where the main aim is to humiliate people. I bet there is a token one member on the site that actually has a girlfriend who all the others point at at meet ups and grunt 'wo-man' :lol:

Edited by coldel
  • Like 4

And yet, 99% of the cars they pick up on are utter chav-sheds and we'd all label them here as such.

Yeah, perhaps flyering is a step too far and certainly I think the guy that got a clout was expecting it hence the lack of surprise/reaction, but if people will make their cars look so bloody horrendous then it's hardly surprising that people will take the p*ss. We do exactly the same here on the eBay cars thread, so it feels like there's a lot of stones being lobbed around glass houses with some of the comments in here.

I think it has been around more than 10 years, I am sure I used to laugh at it when I was at Uni :surrender:

Agreed it used to be very funny but now just bile...

I have to say plenty of 350s that I have seen on here and at meets that I would gladly nominate for 'Shed of the week' :lol:

Sent from the golf club...

But the point is Dan, that they have set up a site dedicated to it, we do have banter about bad cars on here but its about 0.1% of the content of the site. There are certainly more threads about how much we like cars rather than just dedicating ourselves to hating them. And we dont go pursuing the people who own them presenting them with certificates FFS which is childish and moronic beyond the extreme.

But there are sites dedicated to many different things across the internet: Some might say that having a site dedicated to just one type of car is pointless ;)

It's about whatever brings people together as a community: If that's a 350Z, or God, or a hatred for chav cars, then that's okay. I'd bet my arse that the very vast majority of the posters on that website are as passionate about cars as we are, and know the difference between shiny tat and good aero, which is why they hate it when perfectly good cars get ruined. I agree that the certificates and flyers are asking for trouble and meaningless.

Having a site dedicated to having a laugh at @*!# cars probably isn't the worst thing but inviting the owners of the cars onto the website so that they can get their jollies is pretty low.

They quite often ask the car owner where they were touched when they were little and other such remarks but I'd think that more to be a trait of someone who has to justify their own menial existance by trying their best to make others miserable.

The bloke that got a smack? Probably deserved it in the grand scheme of things and might make him think twice before he approaches someone else in a bid to take internet harassment a step too far.

• Like 1

He did deserve it, the day they kept going back for more, tempting the focus owner even more. There's a couple posts of them saying on different occasion of the day, one said he was about to be 'nutted' and one said he was 'worried about his camera'

Let's make no mistake though: Whacking someone because they insulted your car is pretty pathetic. You have to have a really tiny penis to do that.

I agree and I'm in no way condoning the way the focus guy reacted but that's not to say the bloke didn't deserve a little correction.

I mean, if you went up and poked a bear on the nose what is the reaction you're hoping for? From the thread you can tell the Focus owner is already pi**ed. Trying to humiliate him infront of his mates would only end one way.

There is banter with people you are vaguely familiar with, and there is utterly abusing someone someone online because they reacted the way that everyone set him up to behave. There is a gulf of difference between the two. I agree Dan of course violence is not an answer to most things, but if people throw the sort of bile around they did 'for a laugh' then try to humiliate him in front of his friends, then yeah I think there is a point people snap and people lash out.

The fact that they are laughing at cars is irrelevant, it could be anything from the colour of your house to the kind of gnomes you have in your garden. Its the personal online abuse that is set up by physically going and putting cards on peoples cars, then spouting bile, and even humiliating people in public to provoke a reaction which is wrong.

It's only words on an internet forum by complete strangers though: I don't see how any grown adult could take such offense to that that they lash out.

But yeah, I'm trying to separate the forum itself (which is amusing and entertaining enough) from the flyering and awarding certificates (which is childish in the extreme). One I can defend even if I don't always agree with it, but the latter is something that I can't see any fun in.

• Like 1

It's only words on an internet forum by complete strangers though: I don't see how any grown adult could take such offense to that that they lash out.

But yeah, I'm trying to separate the forum itself (which is amusing and entertaining enough) from the flyering and awarding certificates (which is childish in the extreme). One I can defend even if I don't always agree with it, but the latter is something that I can't see any fun in.

Judging the pictures, I wouldn't really call him a grown man :lol: But I know his type, and they look for any excuse to throw a punch.

If it was me in the situation, I'd laugh it off, as I build the car for me, not for anyone else. If know one else likes it, hai ho. I'm planning on getting a Big Gay Wing, and I know it's going to generate a lot of hate from work colleagues and family, but it's not there car it's mine.

On a side note - http://www.barryboys...18784&start=100 Worth a read :lol: I don't want to spoil it just yet, but Pages 5-6 is where the truth comes out :lol:

Edit - None the less, few pages later and the BB take it a step to far with the comments.... :yawn:

Edited by grundy225

There is no denying, in most peoples eyes the Focus is not the sort of car they would want! Its the taking it to the person that is wrong, and to be honest sounds like the guy got off lightly with a bash on the head, imagine if they went up to some bloke called Neil in Scotland laughing at his stickers on his Zed I can imagine it might have been a tad more nasty outcome for the pleb :lol:

• Like 1