A Warning to all who are out celebrating Christmas..!!

WhackyWill

With Xmas upon us I would like to share a personal experience with my friends on here about drinking and driving.

As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" with friends.

Well last night I was out for an evening with my mates and had more than several beers followed by a couple of bottles of some rather nice red wine.

Although feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I might be slightly over the limit.

That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab !

Sure enough on the way home there was a police roadblock but since it was a cab they waved it past and I arrived home safely without incident.

This was a real surprise, as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it from and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

So if you want to borrow it do please PM me, you can have it with pleasure ..!!! :scare: :scare: :scare:

Edited by WhackyWill
  • Like 7

:lol:

They love a few morning checks round my way this time of year, and I was duly waved down in their favourite spot which is on my route to work. You don't need to be Stephen Hawking to figure which roads not to take to avoid the "random" checks here. Anyway, I rarely drink mid week so was totally clear, not that it mattered, as the copper simply asked, "Had a drink last night Sir?", to which I replied, "Not a drop" and he said, "Ok, on your way". Very civilised I thought.

:lol: very funny and I must admit as I was reading it I was about to get on my very high horse.

I was pulled over 11ish Sunday morning, officer very polite. I had had a drink Saturday evening of approximately 4 pints. Even though I knew I'd be ok I was still nervous. Blew a zero.

If I'm going out to drink I never take the car not even if I know I'm only having a single drink it's get a lift or a cab.

• Like 1

good one! ;)

Seriously though, important message here too...

i've had my car a month and dont want it taking away, which is why my beer fuel bill has reduced (besides i cant afford to drink now im running my zed) hehe

Last Sat morning about 9 to 9.30am breath checks outside TESCO car park..!!.

I normally just walk to my local for a few pints on Fri evening, don't bother the rest of the week.

If we go out for a meal, I get a cab (well I don't have to now I got one in the garage.. :lol: :lol: )..

I don't drink, I love my driving too much. When everyone else is out getting bladdered and fighting each other is the best time to go for a nice drive. It doesn't even have to be spirited, just driving for the sake of it picking random roads and not keeping track of anything.

• Like 2

I don't drink, I love my driving too much. When everyone else is out getting bladdered and fighting each other is the best time to go for a nice drive. It doesn't even have to be spirited, just driving for the sake of it picking random roads and not keeping track of anything.

So I'm not the only one :lol: I'll drink but not very often. As you said rather drive, or have the option to drive when the time comes.

So I'm not the only one :lol: I'll drink but not very often. As you said rather drive, or have the option to drive when the time comes.

I've never really found an alcoholic drink I like the taste of, the only ones I don't mind are cocktails which taste like fruit juice, so I'd rather just drink fruit juice or coke :lol:

I've never really found an alcoholic drink I like the taste of, the only ones I don't mind are cocktails which taste like fruit juice, so I'd rather just drink fruit juice or coke :lol:

Interesting reading those comments guys.

I used to drink heavily at times & do all sorts but gave it all up years ago now. Used to hate the hangovers and nearly killed myself once through drinking too much & being sick in my sleep. :scare: Nowadays I probably only have around a pint or two in 12months.

Much prefer driving and the enjoyment I get from that. ;)