Economy 350 - 370z

Richf

Thinking about changing my 350 hr for a 370 auto

Reviews I'm reading suggests the 370 is quite a bit worse on fuel than the 350 , guessing the auto won't help much either but any real world experiences ?

I drive mine quite conservatively the majority of the time, just like to floor it now and again for that whooooshhhh. the trip computer thingy says it's averaging a fraction under 28 mpg with probably an equal split between motorway and town driving. It's a manual so expect an auto will be a little less.

SamN that's impressive!

To the OP - why are you buying a 3.7L engine vehicle if you're in the slightest bit concerned about fuel economy?

That's a pretty stupid thing to say really ! Everyone is concerned about economy to some degree , I have a very long history of thirsty cars and don't have a problem with it , my 350 does 24mpg or so on average according to the display and that's fine , some of the reviews I've read/watched on the 370z suggested 16-18mpg now that's a big difference , I've had cars with close on 500hp that were better than that.

So I don't mind a thirsty car but I'd want significantly more performance than the 370 offers

Plus filling up every 200miles is tiresome I've been there with my Evo 6 having an extra 120-130 out of each tank makes a difference to me.

• Like 2

Judging from all ur recent posts and threads you will be disappointed with 370z tbh. You sound like you're used to boosted cars. I don't think the 370z will be able to compete with those feelings.

Out the box it's a pretty soft wallowy ride and doesn't have the best sound or power. Same as a 350z, it can be made awesome but costs more than it should.

I'd go back to looking at boosted cars tbh

Like what though? my daily is boosted in fact double boosted but I like the power delivery of the 350 the flat torque etc it suits my driving style

Think essentially I want something with less miles that I can keep nice rather than have to spend a fortune getting it nice

Plus this is the first car I've had ever had my wife likes so I can increase my budget a fair bit :)

• Like 1

Like what though? my daily is boosted in fact double boosted but I like the power delivery of the 350 the flat torque etc it suits my driving style

Think essentially I want something with less miles that I can keep nice rather than have to spend a fortune getting it nice

Plus this is the first car I've had ever had my wife likes so I can increase my budget a fair bit :)

What is it that disappoints you about it? Did u buy a dog of a car?

P1000502_zps582e9e5c.jpg

Its hardly a dog , no worse than any other 55k one I dont think, and the HR is much nicer than the earlier ones imo.

Think I should have bought one with less miles, the zeds dont hide their miles well, my GTT was twice the age and twice the miles and in better shape all round.

Think I have just found out i need to increase my budget to get the car I want, or spend a shed load on mine, which I dont really want to do so i'm looking at options, thats all.

I am fussy , I admit it i want mint or as close as I can get and I do prefer the 370 looks wise but its a lot of money to spend on what for me is a weekend toy but as I said the wife likes it so I can add an extra £10k to my budget

P1000502_zps582e9e5c.jpg

Its hardly a dog , no worse than any other 55k one I dont think, and the HR is much nicer than the earlier ones imo.

Think I should have bought one with less miles, the zeds dont hide their miles well, my GTT was twice the age and twice the miles and in better shape all round.

Think I have just found out i need to increase my budget to get the car I want, or spend a shed load on mine, which I dont really want to do so i'm looking at options, thats all.

I am fussy , I admit it i want mint or as close as I can get and I do prefer the 370 looks wise but its a lot of money to spend on what for me is a weekend toy but as I said the wife likes it so I can add an extra £10k to my budget

Looking through you're other posts its showing some stuff I don't like and have brought to the moderators attention.

I also disagree that they don't hide their miles well. I have seen 2002 cars which are immaculate. Mines is a facelift and tracked and also immaculate.

I'm adding things up here from your previous posts and started to create not such a pretty picture.

I have made the moderators aware of my concerns.

Edited by Neilp

What about the oil issues on your HR? Is that not one of the reasons you want shot?

no its in spec now

Really? As in another post today you wrote;

"The car is off to H-Dev for a service today prior to selling and will be double checked but I think its fine, problem looks worse than it is as my gauge reads 5 psi low."

For whatever reason (which I think none of us can work out), you don't like the 350. That's fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I would probably advise not to share that opinion too much on an enthusiast's forum though. My opinion is that if you don't like the 350, you won't like the 370.

You need to look at what you want from a car, rather than picking holes in the car that you have and potential replacement car.

So its better to put on rose tinted glasses and think our cars are perfect, if thats true why do so many mods exist??

I've had lot of experience to draw from many years of driving high performance cars I can tell you the good and bad of every car and bike ive ever owned.

"Immaculate" and "mint" are very relative terms, I could find fault with any car

I dont like the stone chipped front , yes i perhaps I shouldve bought a lower mileage one

I do like the BOSE but i dont like the lack of/poor ipod connectivity

I dont like the gearbox its agricultural and noisy

I do like the engine its smooth and progressive

I do like the handling

Grip could be better even with quality tyres

I like the looks and driving position

I dont like the rust on the some of the minor bracketry under the car , not important and inconsequential but my GTT wasnt like it and that was much older, in fact my old Skoda wasnt like it either and they are known as a budget brand

I dont like the scratches on the door handles but Nissan have been getting this bit wrong for 20+ years

I know there is nothing that cant be sorted , well apart from that gearbox but the simple fact is that when I bought it I had a budget of £9k but I know have a budget of £15k plus the part ex

I know some might think it harsh but is a 18mth old 370z a worse car than a 6 year old 350z ?? Really ??

I cant imagine that the 370Z is a worse car than the 350Z?? Every review I read before getting mine just said that they were much better that the 350Z, why would Nissan release a newer car that did not show progress...

Rich, as you know, I have owned lots, and lots of very high performance cars and the 370Z is great. Its a big car, has @*!# boot space, mediocre fuel economy, an awesome engine that just pulls and pulls :) Mine has been played with and is probably as it should have left the factory save for some sticky rubber, but that will be sorted in the summer.

I am more than happy with mine :)

The 370 is pretty impressive on fuel, my previous 370 was particularly good after an uprev, you can get up to 400 odd miles out a tank, my Nismo is a tad down on fuel consumption but still delivers high 20's low 30's on a run, I put the poorer consumption down to the rear wing, might come into it's own at 155mph, but that's not going to happen :lol: . Short journeys are a fuel killer, cold weather etc.

For a big engined GT car it doesn't do too badly. My Rex, to put it in perspective, was horrendous, great wee handling car, but 200 to a 62 litre tank was woeful :surrender: