Rev matching

HAMLNJ

Never driven a go kart.

You haven't lived... :scare: :scare:

Yeah, I know, I keep getting told that but EVERYONE.

I sort of skipped that and just went straight into doing it in cars.

That said, I'm sure I could learn a lot from some karting time but I'd rather use the money to do it in my own car.

• Like 1

LFB is so natural in a kart, feels so weird in a car :surrender:

Only because you don't have a choice in a kart, left foot brake or crash...!!! :scare: :scare:

I hear you, I love to kart, but as soon as I get in a car my left foot only does up and down, no finesse. In a kart it just feels right. I guess for me it's like footy, left foot for standing on, right for skillz. Given some private road and someone else's car, I'm sure it's learnable.

LFB is so natural in a kart, feels so weird in a car :surrender:

Only because you don't have a choice in a kart, left foot brake or crash...!!! :scare: :scare:

I hear you, I love to kart, but as soon as I get in a car my left foot only does up and down, no finesse. In a kart it just feels right. I guess for me it's like footy, left foot for standing on, right for skillz. Given some private road and someone else's car, I'm sure it's learnable.

But you already agree you can USE left foot braking with finesse, just transfer that learning to your car, if your choice was crashing

in your car or using your redundant left foot to hit the brakes ask your subsconscious what it would do..! :surrender: :surrender:

If you spin, two feet in.

LFB is just to stabilise the car under HEAVY breaking with a big load.

In my eyes it suits FWD cars better anyway as you tend to approach corners in a different way, well I do anyway. RWD in slow out fast, FWD just in fast out fast, lol.

Like I said, it's not something I tend to actively do, so I hardly know how best to apply it.

Next youtube video up tomorrow, Grundy crashes Zed after trying this :lol:

I am putting up disclaimers of :

"Please don't try this at home or on a public highway" :surrender:

sorry but the disclaimer is too late! You are now liable :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well so be it, .at least we will get a few cheap spares on here.. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Next youtube video up tomorrow, Grundy crashes Zed after trying this :lol:

I am putting up disclaimers of :

"Please don't try this at home or on a public highway" :surrender:

sorry but the disclaimer is too late! You are now liable :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well so be it, .at least we will get a few cheap spares on here.. :thumbs: :thumbs:

:lol: Tried it this morning, gave up! Maybe my feet are odd shaped!

I find it a bit easier with the 380rs pedal fitted to my zed. It's still gonna take me a while before I am confident with it. Like others have said I kind of roll my foot on to the accelerator to get the blip. I tend to blip even changing down to accelerate. Way I see it is that it's all practice. Does make me smile when it's a perfect match plus the sound :)

You will never go fast on a track day unless you learn how to heel and toe,

Disagree, I sometimes H+T but when Im REALLY going for it I revert back to 1 foot on each, gives me more control over braking and I dont find it slows me down any. Also not found LFB much use other than when drifting but that might be a style thing I guess.

I tried this tonight on the way home from work haha.

I can just about manage it, it takes me so long to do at the moment a normal down shift is quicker. Do you need to keep the revs up the whole time or can you let them dip once the clutch is pressed and blip the throttle when the clutch is down?

I guess it probably doesn't make too much difference, I did notice the car doesn't jerk or anything when doing this which I guess is the whole point.

I'm a proper driving noob incase you couldn't tell.

Sustained gear changing is something I learnt at a driver trainer course. This is for changing down and you increase revs as clutch is out to match what the lower gear would be at and allows smooth change ready to accelerate again. This is better for the clutch and drivetrain as it surely must reduce stresses and strains all round.

I tried this tonight on the way home from work haha.

I can just about manage it, it takes me so long to do at the moment a normal down shift is quicker. Do you need to keep the revs up the whole time or can you let them dip once the clutch is pressed and blip the throttle when the clutch is down?

I guess it probably doesn't make too much difference, I did notice the car doesn't jerk or anything when doing this which I guess is the whole point.

I'm a proper driving noob incase you couldn't tell.

I just dip the clutch. As it's going down and it's free I blip the throttle so that as I lift the clutch it engages as the revs hit the right point. So no holding the revs at a certain point.