Styling a black Zed

Hammerz

Evening all,

Am thinking about options for styling the Zed but I think it's a lot harder with a black Zed than other cars as you don't see the detail or change in style so clearly. I'm thinking of using another subtle colour, or carbon products. Anyone done this already, pics? I'm not looking for crazy body kits, but change in bumper, skirts, diffuser.

Cheers

A mate of mine had a black zed and they look amazing done right

He had a purple theme going on.

White and chrome BBS LM replica wheels (with spacers)

Once it was stanced out it look class mate! Black is very good colour once it's done right

Edited by BillyZed

I know what you mean about seeing the detail on black Zeds. The only reason why I have not gone down the Charge speed rear route as I dont think the rear vents etc will clearly be seen as much as I would like them to.

Your right about losing detail on black but with the right colour accents and the right mods you can really change the look of the car

If I ever got another project car I'd go black just so I could go for bright green or purple calipers but all colours work well on black

Red is done to death but it is always a safe accent colour option. This guy had red accents on his black BMW bumper, not sure if it would work on a standard zed though

mwdesignbm.jpg

Edited by LRF4N

You're 100% right, it's harder with black cars. I'm going the carbon route where pretty much everything I change will be made from it. I'm currently having a V2 front bumper with carbon lip and canards fitted, which should look pretty decent, but still not even close to how it would look on pretty much any other coloured Zed.

Have a look at Wasso's, he has the V2 front with black painted canards and lip on his azure, looks amazing. then look at GT4ZED's. He has the same bumper as mine on a black zed. Still looks great, but doesn't stand out as easily as other lighter colours.

I think the main trick to a black car is fitting a nice kit and working the paint until it reflects like a mirror. No other colour will have the reflection capabilities of black, except chrome maybe lol

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I originally wanted a silverstone grey 350z and ended up with a black one and i have to say now, i am so pleased i did. Biggest impact on any black car is a decent choice of wheel, colour of the wheel included in that imho.

Forget trying to add colours whether that be to trim or accents etc it just looks tacky (particularly if you get it ever so slightly wrong) and carbon is just too old hat and passe now and it blends too much with black to actually stand out enough to be noticeable.