Got pulled for my plate! :-/

parello9

their perfectly legal for pre 1973 cars as they were standard back then. Alot of old style mini people run them with no issues. wether thats because the car hasnt changed since the 60's im not so sure.

The reflective plates were introduced back in 1967 or 68 as an option and could be retrofitted to older vehicles. I had a set fitted to my 1967 Lambretta around that time. All the cars I bought before 1973 I paid the extra fiver to have them fitted, looked cooler back then...

Pete

I got fined £100 for my 3/4 size plate aswell £100 fine

They said if i get caught again again goes up to £150 and 3rd time the dvla will revoke the registration

I hate the uk plates aswelll but its the only legal option sadly :/

I'm pretty sure that will only revoke cherished plates and not the ones that were issued by The DVLA when the car was new.

Pete

I got fined £100 for my 3/4 size plate aswell £100 fine

They said if i get caught again again goes up to £150 and 3rd time the dvla will revoke the registration

I hate the uk plates aswelll but its the only legal option sadly :/

I'm pretty sure that will only revoke cherished plates and not the ones that were issued by The DVLA when the car was new.

Pete

Mines cherished didnt want to risk loseing it

Might look in to jdm ones once the rear bumper is on the car after xmas :)

I put these on in the end uk plates with nismo surrounds but still not 100% sure if i like them but deffo stay with the legal ones

image-103.jpg

Just something for you to think about - "NISMO Motorsports" makes no sense seeing as NISMO stands for Nissan Motorsports, so your plate surround reads "Nissan Motorsports Motorsports"

• Like 3

I know the smaller plate looks nicer but why give yourself the grief. Its an easy nick for them and a no win situation for you.

Just put standard plates on and accept that is how it has to be.

Dont make it any easier for them to have your money.

I think I am right in saying its less of a fine to not display a front number plate than intentionally display one with incorrect spacing, size or font etc

I havent had one on for 6 months on my z and 3 years on my 7, s and driven past quite a few police, its in the car should I get stopped as it has just fallen off officer and I am on my way to get some fixings :) never been stopped though.

All depends on how bored the particular officers are and if you have given them any other reason to pull you imho.

I put these on in the end uk plates with nismo surrounds but still not 100% sure if i like them but deffo stay with the legal ones

image-103.jpg

Just something for you to think about - "NISMO Motorsports" makes no sense seeing as NISMO stands for Nissan Motorsports, so your plate surround reads "Nissan Motorsports Motorsports"

I think, technically they are illegal too as they display something other than the makers name and BS number, correct me if I'm wrong though

Number plate surrounds are not illigel I don't think as loads of garages fit them, and with number plates it just depends on what copper pulls you, when I had my first car I was running black and silver plates on my black 04 corsa sxi got pulled near my house and the two coppers just warned me that if I was stopped again I could get a fine. So i left them on and got pulled in Hastings, one of the coppers told me to put on my legal plates on which I had in the boot the other was telling me to leave them on and get a certificate from an mot center which would have cost me £40 so I just changed them over and that was that. Then I was running German style plates on my Audi had them on a few days and went past loads of coppers no problems as soon as I go to west Sussex who have strickter police I changed back to my legal plates but was still reported to the dvla and slapped with a £60 fine so I don't bother with different plates anymore.

https://www.gov.uk/d...s-number-plates

i was debating getting some pressed black and silver plates but im not so sure now. Ive seen pleanty of cars around running them. I know their illegal on an 05 zed but their still perfectly road legal. The small plates arnt however. Any ideas?

https://www.gov.uk/d...s-number-plates

I'm guessing they're not legal.

their perfectly legal for pre 1973 cars as they were standard back then. Alot of old style mini people run them with no issues. wether thats because the car hasnt changed since the 60's im not so sure.

If your car was registered in germany however.... :lol:

You can still have it centred, just full size, I don't see it ruining the look and £100 every time you get stopped soon stops being funny!

Just found out the hard way that fixed penalty also gone up to £100 the fine is worse than the points :rant:

I'm not sure the fine is worse than points as that'll increase your insurance too and if you kept getting points then you'd lose your license, game over.

How's this for small? I find they're more lenient with front than rear plates. I also make sure everything else on the car is legit and I have a full sizer in the car ready to stick on just in case. I'm always very sorry too and when the officer asks why I have such a small plate I say "because I'm an idiot". Honesty always goes down well.1376625_559075480832952_858939200_n.jpg

How's this for small? I find they're more lenient with front than rear plates. I also make sure everything else on the car is legit and I have a full sizer in the car ready to stick on just in case. I'm always very sorry too and when the officer asks why I have such a small plate I say "because I'm an idiot". Honesty always goes down well.1376625_559075480832952_858939200_n.jpg

do+you+even+drift.+HOPEFULLY+OC+because+I+haven+t+seen_1f32ce_4270670.png

:lol: See you Saturday!

• Like 1

do+you+even+drift.+HOPEFULLY+OC+because+I+haven+t+seen_1f32ce_4270670.png

:lol: See you Saturday!

You got me :surrender: I just park up and look pretty :lol:

1385226_523128807779270_983157865_n.jpg

:lol::yahoo:

• Like 1

image-103.jpg

I think, technically they are illegal too as they display something other than the makers name and BS number, correct me if I'm wrong though

Yes, you can also display one of those EU/England/Scotland/wales/GB flag thingies if you wish but what you are saying is correct. Legally, these are the requirements....

" the British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d);

the name, trade mark or other means of identification

of the manufacturer or component supplier; and

the name and postcode of the supplying outlet."

However, failing to display these is not an MOT failure, this was withdrawn from the MOT in 2007 but is a legal requirement from 2001 onwards... When I first joined this forum I read a thread where someone had a plate made up replacing the suppliers name with 350Z-UK.COM only to find out it was illegal :surrender: .

Pete

I drove with no plate on front and in window in London by elephant and castle where congestion cameras start no one around all of a sudden boxed in by 3vans and armed police i came out with hands above head and plate in hands lol to which i got, fix your bloody number plate and they were gone as soon as they arrived,

now i just buy aftermarket bumpers and fit normal ones as far back in the big gap at the front as posdible

If you're worried about how the front of your car looks, just don't run a plate but keep it in the boot ("Oh, it fell off officer!"). Less of a fine, and doesn't look retarded.

If you're sensible and just accept that some things are how they are, then run the cheapest, most legal plate you can get your hands on. I can honestly say I've never looked at a modified car and thought, "Wow, that 3/4 plate with a Z logo on the side really sets the car off nicely!". ;)

• Like 2

If you're worried about how the front of your car looks, just don't run a plate but keep it in the boot ("Oh, it fell off officer!"). Less of a fine, and doesn't look retarded.

If you're sensible and just accept that some things are how they are, then run the cheapest, most legal plate you can get your hands on. I can honestly say I've never looked at a modified car and thought, "Wow, that 3/4 plate with a Z logo on the side really sets the car off nicely!". ;)

I have however looked at nova's/saxo's etc with the chopped down weird font ones and thought what a *****! There's a fine line between having a decent small plate and looking a knob.

The only reason I have my midget one is because it covers the holes in the bumper perfectly, otherwise I wouldn't run one at all.