Got pulled for my plate! :-/

parello9

tbh... why would you risk being pulled over, same goes with small plates, side tints etc, I got asked both when I got my plate made if I wanted it cut and when I got my tints, he asked if I wanted him to blend in the side windows in front of the B pillar, I said no. I don't fancy peeling film off a window at the side of a road, nor could I be bothered with the hassle of getting the plates changed...Keep it legal and concentrate on your other mods! :thumbs: (and if it doesn't look right, or you 'feel' you'd get pulled over for it, don't put it on...lol)

Edited by AMT
  • Like 1

All depends on the area as to whether police are strict on plates I've found. Generally fine around me. I've run with no front plate or a small front plate for a good few years now and only been pulled once, and let off.

Touch wood it stays this way :)

tbh... why would you risk being pulled over, same goes with small plates, side tints etc, I got asked both when I got my plate made if I wanted it cut and when I got my tints, he asked if I wanted him to blend in the side windows in front of the B pillar, I said no. I don't fancy peeling film off a window at the side of a road, nor could I be bothered with the hassle of getting the plates changed...Keep it legal and concentrate on your other mods! :thumbs: (and if it doesn't look right, or you 'feel' you'd get pulled over for it, don't put it on...lol)

I am guessing you never stray over the speed limit then?

• Like 1

Oh wonderful, here we go.

Even if he does, that's completely irrelevant. If he came back on here and queried why he was being done for speeding then fair comment, but he hasn't. As such, irrelevant point.

I still have no idea why this perception that everyone who owns a fast car must speed on the public roads. They don't.

• Like 1

Oh wonderful, here we go.

Even if he does, that's completely irrelevant. If he came back on here and queried why he was being done for speeding then fair comment, but he hasn't. As such, irrelevant point.

I still have no idea why this perception that everyone who owns a fast car must speed on the public roads. They don't.

How is it irrelevant, its a motoring offence, no different to illegal plates, tints, loud exhaust etc etc I am making no assumptions that because someone drives a fast car they religiously must drive fast but nor do I believe 100% of the popultion strictly adhere exactly to any given speed limit, particularly people on a performance car forum.

Its irrelevant in its context. The subject is a 'styling' matter. Its bad enough having a big bodykit if you have one but at least they can't stop you for that and if they do you just go... insured...done. Where as drawing attention to yourself for reasons like a small or changed plate, blacked side windows is def gonna be attention you don't want... so why do it. I personally think small plates look a bit odd. And for the record... I cruised to Asda there at a very leisurely pace cos' I'm in a chilled weekend mood :lol:;)

One of my mates got fined for his private plate on his Mondeo, he never bothered to change it, got stopped again, fine increased... he's like...this is such a hassle... I'm like, just make it legal then!! lol

Edited by AMT

That doesn't mean they can't have an opinion. The difference is that you can break the law knowingly but accept the consequences, or you can do it and whinge about it when you get pulled. One is fair enough, one is utterly pointless.

That doesn't mean they can't have an opinion. The difference is that you can break the law knowingly but accept the consequences, or you can do it and whinge about it when you get pulled. One is fair enough, one is utterly pointless.

Absolutely, just pointing out that it may be a very ironic opinion and asking amt a question, sure he can talk for himself :)

I think I am right in saying its less of a fine to not display a front number plate than intentionally display one with incorrect spacing, size or font etc

I havent had one on for 6 months on my z and 3 years on my 7, s and driven past quite a few police, its in the car should I get stopped as it has just fallen off officer and I am on my way to get some fixings :) never been stopped though.

All depends on how bored the particular officers are and if you have given them any other reason to pull you imho.

Whether the plate is altered or not there, the offence is the same of having no registration plate.

Yes they are.

Source.

Not sure what kind of MOT tester you spoke to. :shrug:

For the record I ran for a couple of years with no numberplate on the front of the VXR and had no issues with police, I did have to quickly gaffer tape on one for the MOTs though! ;lol:

also ran my e36 with no front plate or in the window for 3 years straight no issue

So it passed the MOT like that?

Pete

I spoke to a mot tester number plates are not in the mot test very odd really tho :/

Your wrong - they are. Size font color are all (officially) part of MOT. So much so that I take along a full size plate for my bike every time I MOT it.

MOTers up our may tend to be more switched on with dinky bike plates - as that is what the police home in on.

My local MOT station says this - have the plate on me when bike is getting MOTd. That way if plod appears in MOT station, everything is ok. What I then do when bike is MOTs, is my problem, and MOT station stays on the right side of law.

My front plate is 13x5 I think - technically small, but as with bikes, think if you verge towards the normal letter size, and spacing, you tend not to attract attention.

Edited by aidan

Plates ARE most definitely part of the MOT, I had to change mine on my Leon and take it back to get the paperwork....

At the end of the day put whatever plates you like wherever you want, just don't moan when you get a fine or points, same as if you want to speed, use your phone while driving, booze or shoot up on the motorway..... just don't expect any sympathy from me :p

Sent from the golf club...

Edited by spursmaddave

Plates ARE most definitely part of the MOT, I had to change mine on my Leon and take it back to get the paperwork....

At the end of the day put whatever plates you like wherever you want, just don't moan when you get a fine or points, same as if you want to speed, use your phone while driving, booze or shoot up on the motorway..... just don't expect any sympathy from me :p

have you not seen the signs on motorways?? Don't drink and drive. Obviously that means pull over to the hard shoulder for a brooskie. :scare:

have you not seen the signs on motorways?? Don't drink and drive. Obviously that means pull over to the hard shoulder for a brooskie. :scare:

I see the speed limit signs too but that doesn't stop people speeding :lol: