Got pulled for my plate! :-/

parello9

Display Of Vehicle Registration Marks On Imported Vehicles

(which have a restricted space for a standard sized number plate)

Certain imported vehicles may be permitted to display number plates with smaller characters if the vehicle does not have European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval AND the vehicle's construction/design cannot accommodate standard size number plates

Characters

Group 1

Height

64mm

Width

44mm

Stroke

10mm

Space between characters

10mm

Of course they do, it's with the DVLA. They take you to court, and if your car was imported then the DVLA will know: If it was, then you have your defence right there.

and the Vin numbers are different for UK and JDM cars, it wouldn't take much effort to check.

But they arent going to know from the offset and as is mentioned in quite a few posts, it doesnt seem the Police have to much of a clue anyway, you would have to really p*****d a copper off or found a really bored one who is going to bother checking with Dvla if your car is an import and as for the Police being able to identify from vin numbers..............

But they arent going to know from the offset and as is mentioned in quite a few posts, it doesnt seem the Police have to much of a clue anyway, you would have to really p*****d a copper off or found a really bored one who is going to bother checking with Dvla if your car is an import and as for the Police being able to identify from vin numbers..............

Not sure I still see it as a problem. If you know you're right, then they're just going to look silly in court and 99% of them wouldn't take the risk.

I bought the manual show n go plate holder to save all the a while back. Going to get the plate holes filled and sprayed inc the washers the whack this on.

Will the whole bumper need spraying? If you get this done could you please let me know the costs? Thanks

I got a few quotes recently, just to give you some idea. First place wanted £450 just for the bumper respray, second wanted £350 to spray and fit a Nismo Lip, smooth the Nissan badge, holes behind the plate, reflectors and headlight washers and full bumper respray.