They shouldn't be on the road..!!!

WhackyWill

Don't worry ioneabee they paid out !! I totally agree with that Will , a ban is the only way to get it through to people.... or you could just give them a £240 fine and 6 points like the guy who squashed me got!

• Like 1

The exit was clear, then alpaca out of no where she appears and just stops across EVERYTHING.

LOL, id be surprised too if a saw an alpaca blocking a yellow box junction on the north circular...

Back on topic. The driving standard of a large chunk of people in this country leave a lot to be admired. Boils my blood when I see cars with non functioning lights, you can clearly see from the car when driving that half the road isn't lit of properly, therefore change your bulb, you're breaking the law! I always keep a full set of spares in the car.

Then theres the idiots that drift info your lane on a roundabout and give you the finger when you honk at them for almost forcing you off the road :rant:

And as for lights. Unless its a nice sunny day, or visibility is 100% I leave my lights on. Even if I can see perfectly well, im more concerned about other seeing me. Im aware that being a silver car means its easy to disappear in road water spray.

In my country they would all be stoned to death. (and cyclists who don't use the provided cycle lanes and cycle on my road...)

Edited by cs2000
  • Like 1

(and cyclists who don't use the provided cycle lanes and cycle on my road...)

What gets me even more than this is cyclists who use the pavement. Unless its absolutely humping down with rain I typically walk to work, its only just over a mile. Twice so far this week alone I am walking along a narrow ish pavement and a lady on a push bike muscles her way past me. It's pretty narrow so she is very close to me, plus she is going the same direction as me so it does make you jump as she brushes past. Winds me up when theres a perfectly good road to our left, which is plenty wide enough for cars to easily pass her. :angry:

What gets me even more than this is cyclists who use the pavement. Unless its absolutely humping down with rain I typically walk to work, its only just over a mile. Twice so far this week alone I am walking along a narrow ish pavement and a lady on a push bike muscles her way past me. It's pretty narrow so she is very close to me, plus she is going the same direction as me so it does make you jump as she brushes past. Winds me up when theres a perfectly good road to our left, which is plenty wide enough for cars to easily pass her. :angry:

what winds me up are caravans that muscle past you on perfectly decent zed roads :thumbs:

• Like 1

Lol, I don't like cyclists at the best of times (nor caravans...) BUT il tolerate them on the road, as long as they stick to the side of the road (not in the bloody middle) or stay in the marked cycle lanes if they also happen to be in the road.

However, where I live, the pavements are 12ft wide with separate coloured tarmac (vlack for poedestrians and red for bikes, split with painted white lines and signs to tell pedestrians its a cycle way and STILL the condom wearing ones (those stupid skin tight lycra wearning mofos) cycle in the road. I should add, this road has a lot of bollards in the middle so you cant overtake them....

• Like 2

As I previously posted, they closed a road near me for two weeks to put in a cycle lane, caused traffic chaos,

It opened a week or so ago, Cyclists are STILL not using it, but wobbling about in the road that's now about 4ft narrower.

The reason they put it in was one of them was killed there a few months earlier. :rant: :rant:

what winds me up are caravans that muscle past you on perfectly decent zed roads :thumbs:

I know right, ridiculous!!.... :doh:

• Like 1

I know right, ridiculous!!.... :doh:

:lol: never live that down will ya?

• Like 1

Sent from the golf club...

Bloody Cyclists :lol:

Although that's the only time I wont over take them, is when an Island is coming just up.

At the end of the day, the lorry didn't hit him or touch him. And in the video you see at some points the cyclist thinking he owns the road going from lane to lane cutting up the ford. He caused more traffic!

And in the video you see at some points the cyclist thinking he owns the road going from lane to lane cutting up the ford. He caused more traffic!

Only to get back in his place after giving the lorry driver a speaking to. didn't see much wrong with that, other than hey could've been a little bit further over when there was a cycle lane at the start. But even then it looks a little bumpy.

I am not defending cyclist as a whole as some are complete militant twunts who need a goid kicking..... but in that video the artic is sooooo close for no other reason than impatience, then when the cyclist catches up he is given abuse and asked "what am I supposed to do" I actually agree about insurance but a bit of a moot point to someone EMPLOYED to drive a vehicle!!!!

In light of recent high profile deaths I thought more would have been done about that video but sadly not

Don't get me started on cyclists. :rant::lol: They run red lights, treat the pavements as a road way, most have no helmets or lights, swerve in & out of traffic: undertaking & overtaking and then moan at vehicle drivers who have the right to use the roads imo because we all took driving tests, pay insurance, display number plates, have lights and have MOT's/tax. :angry: Shouldn't be on the roads imo until they display number plates/pay insurance/tax and are accountable for there actions.

I know there not all bad and a lot of people I work with actually cycle to work (safely & responsibly) but unfortunately I believe from what I've seen the majority of cyclist's are selfish stupid people. :dry:

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight I'm driving home in fog through London in the rush hour and I see a bicycle coming towards me in the dark

with a barely noticeable light on, I wasn't prepared for what was next, a flag above a box behind it with TWO CHILDREN in it.

ARE THESE PEOPLE COMPLETELY IN SANE...!!

The kids were exactly level with the exhaust of a London Transport Bus..!!! :rant: :rant:

71M2EAZy2jL._SL1280_.jpg

Tonight I'm driving home in fog through London in the rush hour and I see a bicycle coming towards me in the dark

with a barely noticeable light on, I wasn't prepared for what was next, a flag above a box behind it with TWO CHILDREN in it.

The kids were exactly level with the exhaust of a London Transport Bus..!!! :rant: :rant:

71M2EAZy2jL._SL1280_.jpg

They either hate the kids, or it has a much better NCAP safety rating than it looks. ;)

71M2EAZy2jL._SL1280_.jpg

They either hate the kids, or it has a much better NCAP safety rating than it looks. ;)

This is not exactly the one that was behind the bike, it was open and the kids were just sitting there. I Googled this

image just to give you a idea of what it looked like..Its just so unsafe, you get nicked for not putting your kids

in a safety seat in your car and yet you can tow them around behind a bicycle in the dark in a rickshaw with just a flag...WTF.. :angry: :angry:

Just got in from walking the dog and saw an example of bad road use from each side of the coin.....

Firstly the dog stopped dead in a particularly badly lot section of our walk (she has a flashing light on her harness) and she kept looking behind. All of a sudden a paperboy on a bike appeared out of the darkness and whiz zed right across a pathway we were just about to head across. No lights and dressed in black -paper bag was also dark in colour not luminous :shrug:

Second was on Wrexham road heading out of chester (for those that know) a straight of about 1/4 mile with a slight dip near a private school with a 50 limit . HGV doing about 40 with a few cars behind it. As soon as it could the second car accelerated past no problem then the third car decided he could overtake both the first car and HGV. He must have stayed in 5th in a 1.0 and didn't spot the car coming the other way which was slightly obscured by the dip. He made it by cutting into the HGV's path, the HGV Slamming on his brakes to avoid tail ending the car and the other car swerving into the bus lane.

I was expecting to have to run down the road to help it was that close.

Utter idiots.

On a lighter note we see a couple of cyclists most mornings exercising their husky dogs, the dogs and the cyclists are very well lit and it looks like a couple of reindeer coming towards you. Makes me smile every time we see them :)

• Like 1

Glad the cyclist didn't mow your dog down Fodder. ;)

I counted almost 15 cars today on my way home from work with there bl**dy fog lights on (& no fog of course!). :angry: Seen two of these dam Nissan Jukes with all lights blazing ~ do they really need 4 lights + 2 fog lights on the front to see where they're going. :rant:

Juke_1676134c.jpg

Rear fog lights are the worst, bloody bright obviously and really hurt your eyes when it is clear!!

+1.

Usually these are turned on by a separate switch as well (with a light on dash to tell you there on) so I don't get how people end up driving around with these on accidentally, ...unless there just trying to pi** other drivers off that are following them. :angry: