How do you like yours?

Neilp

Persoinally, I think fillet is a bit overrated. It's not the tastiest despite the tenderness, and I much prefer something that's done a bit of work, like a rump or sirloin. I'd normally only ever have fillet as part of a t-bone.

Rare or medium, depending on cut.

• Like 1

I'm afraid I'm swimming against the tide of opinion on here ... I prefer fillet without blood, so I usually request medium-well.

Best steak around my neck of the woods is Emillio's in Bawtry

https://www.facebook...sItalianCuisine

Who let this guy in! :lol:

I always have to cook the GF's mothers well done and it kills me to do it :rant:

I usually try to get to Gaucho's when in London, the Smithfield market one has been the best so far.

Try Goodman if you like a good steak, pretty pricey though:

http://www.goodmanrestaurants.com/home

Black and Blue is pretty good for a cheaper alternative to Goodman and Gaucho:

http://www.blackandbluerestaurants.com/

Sounds good, I'll speak to my boss for next time I'm down there and get him to take me :lol:

Mines a medium ribeye or sirloin usually partaken down at my rustic local "The Black Lion" - Abergorlech

Eat out in beer garden during summer months overlooking the River Cothi. :boat: The best place for food for miles around imo

A popular place for mountain bikers as theres lots of tracks :drive1 in the Brechfa forest just behind the pub.

If you're ever in the area then its well worth a visit!

http://www.blion.co.uk/

Steak is my favourite food by far. Any cut and however it comes, dead or mooing :lol:

Anyone tried a 72oz steak challenge?

if my maths is correct that's 4 lbs and that's getting on or 2 kilos ... are you a fat b@st@rd ? lol

Steak is my favourite food by far. Any cut and however it comes, dead or mooing :lol:

I have watched someone do a 32oz Steak. Even that would take a week to digest :lol:

I had 2 x 35oz t-bones for me and my old man from the butchers. The things wouldnt fit on a normal plate :lol: i'll dig out a picture of it!

if my maths is correct that's 4 lbs and that's getting on or 2 kilos ... are you a fat b@st@rd ? lol

I can eat a fair bit :lol:

Anyone seen the Man vs Food episode at the ' Big Texan ' where he tries to do the 72oz steak challenge. We went to this place and one of these 72oz steaks welcomes you with a board of people who completed the challenge. Look at some of the times..... :wacko:

IMG_0692_zps8aa17891.jpg

SAM_0842_zps4ea77f38.jpg

Cut a long story short the 4 of us had already ate a whole generation of cows on our journey and thought better of even attempting this. Though we are planning to go to Newbury in Berkshire where they do this challenge.

• Like 1

I can eat a fair bit :lol:

Anyone seen the Man vs Food episode at the ' Big Texan ' where he tries to do the 72oz steak challenge. We went to this place and one of these 72oz steaks welcomes you with a board of people who completed the challenge. Look at some of the times..... :wacko:

IMG_0692_zps8aa17891.jpg

SAM_0842_zps4ea77f38.jpg

Cut a long story short the 4 of us had already ate a whole generation of cows on our journey and thought better of even attempting this. Though we are planning to go to Newbury in Berkshire where they do this challenge.

Looks like a young man's sport ! ... best of luck !