RainX

Harryjax

Rubbish. I much prefer the Mer equivalent, in so much as it seems to work where RainX never does.

I know I'm in the minority here with this, but there you go. I've tried it so many times and applied it different ways to different cars, and it's always crap.

Like I said, I know it's a very popular product, but for me it never worked remotely well. Just looking at the Mer website and it seems like they don't do their equivalent any more, which is a huge shame.

For £3 it's worth a punt, but not for me.

I've just used GTechniq's "G1 clear vision smart glass sealant kit" on my car's windscreen & other windows. Very impressed with it so after your £3 RainX bottle runs out I'd recommend you try the G1 as it's amazing stuff imo. Have a look at this thread for some info on G1; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/74568-g1-clear-vision-smart-glass/ :thumbs:

Rubbish. I much prefer the Mer equivalent, in so much as it seems to work where RainX never does.

I know I'm in the minority here with this, but there you go. I've tried it so many times and applied it different ways to different cars, and it's always crap.

Bit harsh, 'rubbish' and rain-x never works? Admittedly rain-x has been out since the early 80's and things have moved on a bit with better products, but at £3 a go and if you've not used this type of stuff before you'll be satisfied.

Rubbish. I much prefer any equivalent, in so much as it seems to work where RainX never does.

I concur with this (given the minor edit). I've not used the Mer stuff, but I have used a few others and absolutely everything I've used was notably and considerably better than RainX.

However, for the sake of £3 you might as well at least try it for yourself. And for the sake of impartiality all those others that I've tried have cost more (some considerably more) than £3.

I've always tended to us PIAA Vision, seems to work very well.

I use to use that but then supply went dead so changed to RainX which works fine for me - nicely beads off the rain off the windscreen at 50+ and no squeaking/smearing when I do use with the wipers. :)

So @ £3 a punt and needing some more, thanks for the heads up :thumbs:

RainX which works fine for me - nicely beads off the rain off the windscreen at 50+ and no squeaking/smearing when I do use with the wipers. :)

Same as Colin. Been using Rainx for years. Even in our rather extreme weather over here it works and lasts well. Not overly impressed with the Rainx black (for the interior glass) though.

Bought a bottle of it about 10 years ago. Used it a few times and then I discovered that my car had what I presume were optional extras. My mate told me they were called 'windscreen wipers'. Apparently, you just flick a switch and hey presto, no more rain. I've never looked back. If you haven't got any, I thoroughly recommend that you get some (2 is normally enough).

The rain-x is still in the cupboard, hardly used, cos it's a faff to put the stuff on every few weeks. Windscreen wipers are the future of rain elimination.

• Like 1

The main difference with rain dispersant, of most brands is they also increase the glass clarity, completely cleaning the glass, making it easier to see, not only clearing the screen of rain.

If you want to test it, do some of the screen.

Bought a bottle of it about 10 years ago. Used it a few times and then I discovered that my car had what I presume were optional extras. My mate told me they were called 'windscreen wipers'. Apparently, you just flick a switch and hey presto, no more rain. I've never looked back. If you haven't got any, I thoroughly recommend that you get some (2 is normally enough).

The rain-x is still in the cupboard, hardly used, cos it's a faff to put the stuff on every few weeks. Windscreen wipers are the future of rain elimination.

Even better when you have auto ones ;)