Droolers

ioneabee

Had 2 builders drooling over the car today as I walked back to it - heard one of them say "look its the GT Edition" - "The Gran Turismo Editions are the best"

I didn't bother correcting them :lol:

just took off in a blaze of thunder with the Berks shouting their loudest :teeth:

• Like 2

On my recent travels, I popped into Tesco to get some cash in Chilwell, Nottingham, as I was walking back to the car, a young lad and his dad came out the main exit, the boy stopped dead looking at my car, then started to have what seemed an epileptic fit!! "Dad, dad", he screamed, "we need one of those!", "One day we'll have one son", came the reply.

Felt pretty smug walking up to my car and getting in it :teeth: , one day mate, one day ;)

In fact, the reaction so far, from anyone that I've met has been very positive. Oh and contrary to another thread, the ladies love them ;)

Edited by The G Man

Try being stopped by the German police whilst cruising what I thought was an Autobahn. They were doing a big traffic police ops thing. Minibuses full of coppers, huge layby full of cops. Asked to pull over and open the hood. Asked a millions questions about the power, top speed, where I've been, and when I said Nurburgring they called over other officers to inspect my car. Checked our passports and sent is off on our way. Very odd!!

Edited by Wasso

:lol: Had that with the Swiss border police a few years back, never questioned the 16,000 fags in the back from Livorgno ;)

Ha ha wicked.

(Need to sort your signatures its like an elephant sat on your car - if you want me to make you a sig send me a link to some pics and I'll make you one)

:lol: Had that with the Swiss border police a few years back, never questioned the 16,000 fags in the back from Livorgno ;)

Ha ha wicked.

(Need to sort your signatures its like an elephant sat on your car - if you want me to make you a sig send me a link to some pics and I'll make you one)

Cheers will do, need to get some arty piccies first :thumbs:

I finish work around the time all the kids get out of school.

Yesterday on my way home I had a similar experience to The G Man, a little kid spotted my car, eyes widened and then proceeded to scream so loud I could hear him with my windows shut and music up pretty loud :lol: did make me laugh.

I love it when this sort of thing happens. Really makes you feel good. And is exactly why I've argued in other threads that having a car that looks a bit different will always be a factor in my buying decision, even if other (German) alternatives are superior on paper :)

On my recent travels, I popped into Tesco to get some cash in Chilwell, Nottingham, as I was walking back to the car, a young lad and his dad came out the main exit, the boy stopped dead looking at my car, then started to have what seemed an epileptic fit!! "Dad, dad", he screamed, "we need one of those!", "One day we'll have one son", came the reply.

Felt pretty smug walking up to my car and getting in it :teeth: , one day mate, one day ;)

In fact, the reaction so far, from anyone that I've met has been very positive. Oh and contrary to another thread, the ladies love them ;)

I hate it when parents lie to their children :lol:

• Like 1

I've had guys cross the street with their wives so they could have a closer look at the car parked outside my house. I've also had one guy in an XKR and one in a Aston V8 coupe deliberately slow down whilst driving by so they could try and figure out what it is. Love these moments. As already said, makes you feel your driving something special! :)

I love it when this sort of thing happens. Really makes you feel good. And is exactly why I've argued in other threads that having a car that looks a bit different will always be a factor in my buying decision, even if other (German) alternatives are superior on paper :)

:lol: I remember following a Porsche through a local town one Saturday afternoon in my 313 Roadster. Roof down. A whole bunch of kids on the side of the road completely ignored the Porsche and screamed out at me "Nice car mister!!!!" which made me chuckle.

Someone else once mentioned that kids probably recognize the 350z from Gran Turismo and other such console games and so when they see one in real life they know what it is and associate it with being a super car.

But in general, i found my car got more attention than nearly any other car ive had. Even popping to the local shop to get a pint of milk, id walk out and some complete strange would say to me "nice car mate". I remember going to the local parts place to get some oil for the wifes car only to come out to find the owner standing there staring at my car and telling me how rare they were and how he hadnt seen many roadsters. Even the MOT place I went to commented on how rare it was!

I remember going to a tyre place to get a set of 4 tyres fitted once and I actually had 5 fitters running around my car as if it was some sort of formula 1 tyre change - they ignored all the other customers! :lol:

Had a couple guys while walking by said mine was a Zonda... :D

:lol: :lol: It must've been the Z that did it!

OK - I know I am guilty of starting the 'Z isn't a babe magnet' thread (apologies for the sinful behaviour), but I have to admit that 3 girls came over to my car 2 days ago and asked if they could see the inside of it. They were definitely in 'drool' mode. They weren't 'babes', though - not old enough. Having said that, this was the exception that proves the rule - it's normally male heads that turn as you drive past, not female.

I went into a corner shop for odds and sods, and a boy about 7 came in to ask if the Nissan was mine. I have smooth front and back and the car is probably older than he is :lol: gobsmacked he even knew what it was. Was slightly awkward in a queue of people but quite funny :lol:

How's this for weird then....

Was walking back to my car once and saw a junkie standing behind it texting on his prehistoric Nokia

Thought nothing of it and went to get in the drivers seat when he asked if it was my car, shook my hand telling me how nice it is. (starting to feel the need to wash my hands at this point). He tells me he lost his phone so he's using his old one. His girlfriend loves cars and he wanted to take a photo of the skyline for her but this old phone didn't have a camera so instead of describing the car to her he was typing all the details on his phone! I'm like seriously?

He's reading out loud as he's typing.... Nissan skyline... GTR... V spec... I didn't have the heart to tell him it's a GTST and the previous owner put these badges on lol. He writes the number plate down as well.... The time and street where we were standing..... In my head I'm wondering what his girlfriends reaction would be- would she be amazed at this text or would she feel like slapping him like I did?

He's walking round the car to find more badges or writing making sure he's not missing any details out. Asks my name, shakes my hand again... I'm starting to get late by this point cos he wasnt the fastest texter and had just sniffed something before I got there.

That's not the end of it- before I get away he tells me he's a professional wrestler!! How I kept my laugh in il never know! Shakes my hand AGAIN before letting me go...

It was one of the moments where your like.... Was I sniffing something to imagine all that? Lol

• Like 2