Droolers

ioneabee

I have had one 350 and two 370,s. The last being the 40th aniversary, I also had the looks and the comments, BUT nothing like the attention of the cars i have now. A MONARO VXR and a VXR8 .As for drooling these cars are in a different league the sound and looks of these cars draw more attention than any zed.

• 1 month later...

I have had one 350 and two 370,s. The last being the 40th aniversary, I also had the looks and the comments, BUT nothing like the attention of the cars i have now. A MONARO VXR and a VXR8 .As for drooling these cars are in a different league the sound and looks of these cars draw more attention than any zed.

:ban:

• Like 1

I have been checking prices of VXR8s - not many around. Very tempted as I am partial to a V8.

Whats the better car - Manaro or VXR8....just curious?

As steel lynx says the monaro is smaller and only 2 doors. As for the engine 2007 vxr8s and early 2008 cars are the same engines as 6ltr vxr monaros, but the horsepower was increased from 398hp to 414hp .. late 2008 vxr8s and 2009 cars went from a ls2 to ls3 engines and hp was again increased. The 2 cars are like chalk and cheese, As for which is the better car ? well personally i prefer the vxr8 . it handles better . is faster not by alot but you notice it. Nearly all owners of these cars go for a walkinshaw or wortec exhaust , both of which sound stunning. then move the game on with headers and high flow cats. Near milton keynes there is a firm called MONKFISH, they specialize in these cars there is nothing they do not know. As for parts they have everthing.you would ever need .I enjoyed ever minute i had my ZS but the sound and feel of a v8 muscle car and the rarity of these cars is something else.

As steel lynx says the monaro is smaller and only 2 doors. As for the engine 2007 vxr8s and early 2008 cars are the same engines as 6ltr vxr monaros, but the horsepower was increased from 398hp to 414hp .. late 2008 vxr8s and 2009 cars went from a ls2 to ls3 engines and hp was again increased. The 2 cars are like chalk and cheese, As for which is the better car ? well personally i prefer the vxr8 . it handles better . is faster not by alot but you notice it. Nearly all owners of these cars go for a walkinshaw or wortec exhaust , both of which sound stunning. then move the game on with headers and high flow cats. Near milton keynes there is a firm called MONKFISH, they specialize in these cars there is nothing they do not know. As for parts they have everthing.you would ever need .I enjoyed ever minute i had my ZS but the sound and feel of a v8 muscle car and the rarity of these cars is something else.

cheers jip.

they are defo on my list.

Had V8 Audi S4, then the RS4 and lately the ISF V8........so yep, have a softspot for v8s.

Personally think the VRX8 looks better. The Manaro is starting to look a bit old, although the VRX bonnet is pure muscle car.

aidan. If you google top gear vxr8 2007 you will see clarkson , driving the car i have now. Its a blue one , As for it being thrashed no worries . After they finished with it it went back for a complete overhaul brakes, suspension etc .etc . runs like a dream. I also had the same with my first 370z lemans blue PRESS car. Thats all over the internet 0V09 EYO. as for the bathurst yes top notch ,but a lot of people are getting theirs super charged . Bathurst £28,000_£30,000 standard one £14,000 £17,000 for good ones plus super charger cost , roughly £7,000 .If you put a wortec or walkinshaw exhaust on they remap bringing bhp up to 440. I have the walky on mine on tickover and low revs v8 burble full chat amg sound. please dont think i am knocking the zs as i stated i think there v/good.

• Like 1