A Big new step for me!!! (New guy)

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get to know you all!

I have just taken a huge step (for me) and put down a deposit for a 2004 gunmetal grey Z! It has got 77k on the clock however the dealership offer lifetime warrenty on all mechanical parts and electrics etc! Im 21 and feel really lucky to be able to get a car soo.. Welll... Awsome!!!

I do however have bad news! I have to wait till Sunday to pick her up so this is going to be the slowest week of my life haha!

I will hopefully get some pics up as soon as i can to show you guys.

Anyway i just wanted to show my face and hopefully meet some great people :)

Cheers,

Jordan

• Like 1

Thanks for they welcome guys! I live in brentwood :) please let me know if any of you are close as i would love to see other great examples!

I forgot to mention that the car came with a milltek exhaust which i think sounds absolutely amazing! However have seen people saying they dont sound that much different to the oem exhaust. What do you guys think?

Cheers again :)

:welcome: The Milltek sounds different to the OEM exhaust - it's a matter of opinion whether it is better. I think it is.

However, if you add in High Flow Cats and maybe a JWT Pop Charger as well......now you've got a proper noise :p The advantage being that when you give it the beans it makes a great sound but when you are on lower throttle openings or on the motorway it's not droning away. The perfect solution as far as I'm concerned.

(PS. you should have an Uprev re-map if you have the above done - particularly the HFCs)

Edited by NeilMH

:welcome: The Milltek sounds different to the OEM exhaust - it's a matter of opinion whether it is better. I think it is.

However, if you add in High Flow Cats and maybe a JWT Pop Charger as well......now you've got a proper noise :p The advantage being that when you give it the beans it makes a great sound but when you are on lower throttle openings or on the motorway it's not droning away. The perfect solution as far as I'm concerned.

(PS. you should have an Uprev re-map if you have the above done - particularly the HFCs)

Hi Neil and many thanks for all the info! Ive heard that the pop charger is a must have and would very much like to get one! How would i know if the car has been fitted with either of these things already? (Fingers crossed for the cats)

Also i have hear that a re map isnt a great idea on Z's as they have already been maxed. Is this correct?

Cheers for all the welcomes again and advice with the parts :)

If you have a Pop charger your old plastic air filter box will have gone and in its place a cone shaped open air filter will be in its place often with a heat shield on the engine bay side with Jim Wolf Technology written on it.

The info about the re-map is incorrect. It has to be done by one of the licensed tuners - search UpRev remap on here. It doesn't bring radical power gains but gives much better mid-range driveability and smoother throttle response in the first three gears. It's worth checking if it's already been done. Try Abbey Motorsport, Horsham Developments or RS Tuning. All on here - depends on your location.

PS. Better check that any further mods won't affect your warranty.

Edited by NeilMH