A Big new step for me!!! (New guy)

Welcome .

21 year old!! Insurance company must love you...LOL.

Mines has milltek and they are very quiet - but throw on some HFC or decats and it transforms the sound.

Haha i thought the price would be crazy however i am pretty happy with £1200 pa considering i only have 1 years ncb :).

Ive heard alot about hfc! Sounds like they are a great investment :)

Thanks again :)

Welcome to the forum you will love the zed I'm 21 too had mine a year and still haven't stopped smiling and insurance is amazing for are age on it and what it is hope you enjoy it and the Wales meet are a must if u want to meet people

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Hi guys!

After 3 days of driving my new 350 ive done about 250 miles and am absolutely loving it so far! There are a couple of negatives however:

• The tyres on the car are the worst i have ever seen/ driven. Fullrun on the rear and avons on the front. In the dry they seem fine however in the wet the rears lose grip very easily. If im going round a corner and i put my foot back on the gas the back end will slip out. Even if i floor it in a straight line in the wet the back end will twitch! Pretty scary stuff!

• I find it pretty hard to get back into 2nd and 1st when slowing at a junction. However i have heard this is normal with the Z?

• i think the rear shock absorber has gone as there is a fairly loud rattle coming from the rear corner. How do i find out if it is the shock absorber?

Apart from these little things the car is absolutely awsome :) All i want to do is just drive it 24/7!

Let me know what you guys think!

Some quick thoughts:

1. Gear change may be helped considerably by change of gearbox oil and addition of molyslip.

2. Knocking could be anti-roll bar drop links - worth trying first

3. Check tyre pressures - should be 35 all round or similar

Plenty of threads about tyres. What Avons are they?

Best to have matching tyres as well.

For parts you could PM Zmanalex.

Hi Neil,

Many thanks for getting back to me on this!

All tyres are on 35 psi or close however the problem still persists. I think when i have the money together a full set of good tyres is a must!

With regards to the roll bar drop links is there a way of testing to see if thos is the problem?

Cheers buddy :)

If the bolts aren't rusted they are pretty easy to get off. If you have a lot of play in them it will be fairly obvious - i.e.. the links will wobble around in the ball joints - in some cases they even crack. If you want to do a very low speed controlled test I think you can just take them off and see if the noise is gone and that will tell you. You can then put new ones on. It's best to get the uprated ones if you go for the Nissan ones. There are other makes available that are uprated and adjustable. Zmanalex knows what is what re parts. If you need a garage to do it, we will be able to recommend someone.

The general consensus is that the best tyres are Michelin Pilot Supersports. Prices have recently been reduced. 2nd best probably Bridgestone RE050A. After that there is a major debate and you can read the many hundreds of threads on the subject :lol: Best to match tyres all round whatever you go for.

I think i may have to take it to a garage for them to have a look as i think they may do a better job at finding the problem haha!

I have heard very good things about the supersports tyres and would probably go for those! However the cheapest i have seen is £169 each! So would be almost £700 on tyres. Does that seem expensive to you?

PS. See my reply above .....but in future you may be best to post any issues you have in the appropriate section of the forum with the appropriate heading. Then you will get more replies. Otherwise people may just see this thread and think "I've already welcomed him, so I don't need to look any more". There are some serious experts on here. Search is also your friend as most of the issues (there aren't that many) have already been identified and solved by previous owners. Good luck.

I think i may have to take it to a garage for them to have a look as i think they may do a better job at finding the problem haha!

I have heard very good things about the supersports tyres and would probably go for those! However the cheapest i have seen is £169 each! So would be almost £700 on tyres. Does that seem expensive to you?

No. Given what you have paid for the car. Every aspect of the car's performance goes through the tyres - braking, accelerating, cornering, etc. They will also last much longer than the cheaper makes and be safer in the wet. I am experimenting with Avons and smaller wheels at the moment but on my set of Rays I have 050As....but if I was starting again now I would have the Michelins.

Our posts are crossing in the post!