Cheapest way to get a nice sound?

nowhereboy

I'm not super fussy about BHP gains and I don't mind the look of the stock exhaust system but the sound is a little weak.

What would be the best way to get a nicer and louder sound without replacing the whole system?

De cat? Or mid section?

I will be looking to get a full system eventually but funds are quite tight at the minute.

What would be the best way to get a nicer and louder sound without replacing the whole system?

De cat? Or mid section?

I tried to get a nicer, louder sound by changing the mid section only. Stock is a 2.25 inch diameter wit hthe silencer, I changed it to a 3 inch diameter section with no silencer.

Before

SAM_2041_zpsb7ac6d81.jpg

After

SAM_2044_zps44bf7e08.jpg

It really didn't make the difference I was hoping for. I does change the sound marginally, but as the OEM (and Japspeed K2 I had fitted) back box is chambered, the exhaust gases still faced the same obstacles before exiting the system.

Needless to say I shortly after changed to a K1 :teeth:

In a nutshell, and as the others have said, for loud - decat, for a nicer sound - backbox/Y pipe back system.

I heard BBKs cut of valve and thought it sounded awful just a noise, nothing 'nice' about it really...

:sorry::winkiss:

Yes yes, but what bout the car....?

Sounds better under load, about 4000rpm plus.

What a load of rubble.

Husky had a cut off valve thing, sounded like a tractor with no exhaust. Horrific!!!!!

• Like 1