Brand new Cobra exhaust

3sjr

So bought this last week it's been fitted to my car for a day and done about 10 miles. CS can vouch for this.

It is the non resonated version with inverted slash cut pipes in my opinion the best.

The exhaust clamps looked horrible which is the only negative about the exhaust so to solve this I have welded the rear pipes which looks a lot better (I can grind the weld off if you really want clamps)

Apparently I love to give my bank account a laugh and change things up so the price is

£320 as opposed to £400 rrp

Collection from South Wales or postage will e about £15

Pics

image_zpsfb0ef525.jpg

image_zpsd45cd97e.jpg

image_zps5aac9aca.jpg

image_zpsdcdec0a3.jpg

Haha yeah that just didn't sound as good in the title ;)

Not too loud for me and I was surprised at how little it drones. Can't really explain the people that have heard it love it, but I'm not a fan of how raspy it is.

Cheers mate

I think you might be mis understanding the function of a resonator as it doesn't really have any effect on the volume of an exhaust.

Resonators and silencers are similar in function and design, but perform two different functions. A silencer's primary job is to reduce the amount of sound coming from the engine, whereas a resonator's job is to change the sound by cancelling out noises or reflecting them back toward the engine. The resonator actually works in concert with your main silencer to provide an overall sound control strategy. This is particularly important on four- and six-cylinder engines that tend to producer raspier notes.

Basically speaking a silencer alters the volume of the exhaust where as a resonator alters the frequency so wont be any louder but will be more "throaty" or "raspy"

Hope this helps any potential buyers.

• Like 1