Woman vs. Smartie

Katy

So, today on the way home from nursery (and under considerable duress) I broke an age old rule of mine - no food or drink in the car. With the strong belief that my toddler wants to drop her sweets even less than I want her to drop them, I passed my two year old daughter some Smarties.

Said child munches shiny confectionery happily until just under a mile away from home when she sees a horse, gesticulates wildly and launches a solitary pink chocolatey disc into the air which then disappears down the side of the passenger seat. I think nothing of it, I'll retrieve it when we're home...

Ha!

On arrival at the house, it appears that pink chocolatey disc has jammed itself into the passenger seatbelt casing, wedged itself sideways and is not for moving. Cue big sense of humour failure from Mummy who begins to envision having to rip out passenger seat to obtain evil pink sweetie.

It's not like it had the decency to disappear completely, out of sight out of mind and all that, oh no - it's right there, shining out like a pink beacon and serving as a constant reminder of why you should always stick to your guns.

Well to cut a long story short, Damien is in bed and I have spent the last 1hr 15 mins teasing, poking and pliering a Smartie out of my passenger seat in the dark. Got the bugger though.

Katy: 1

Smartie: 0

My partner thinks I'm mentally ill and can't understand why I wouldn't just leave it there to mould away in the recesses of my car, so my question to you is this:

Am I obsessive compulsive? Could you have left it there??

• Like 3

Oh this brings back memories of an exploding strawberry smoothie in my poor zed. had to remove the headlining, seats & carpet to clean & get rid of the smell :scare: Sounds like you got off lightly & glad to hear that you managed to remove the smartie remains. Now stick to your guns & leave the sweeties in the boot :)

Buy a mouse, then stick it in the car. Then buy a cat to eat the mouse after it, a dog to eat the cat and then invite a korean over to eat the dog? Smartie problem solved

Then how do you get rid of the Korean? :shrug:

Edited by KyleR

I'm similarly OCD about the Z. I trashed our resident parking permit the other day by trying to remove a fly that had got inside the permit holder and died, leaving it visible through the windshield. The fly squished all over the permit. Result = ten quid for a replacement :(

Will - I thought of you as soon as I saw where it had landed! :D

Gappy dashboard dials suddenly paled into insignificance.

I would have had to hunt it down and get it out too otherwise would have driven my mind mad knowing it was there melting into the carpet or the seat.

Then i read this and thought losing the smartie on the passenger seat wasnt so bad......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2385379/Baby-born-car-Swedish-husband-crashes-seeing-wife-birth-passenger-seat.html

I would have had to hunt it down and get it out too otherwise would have driven my mind mad knowing it was there melting into the carpet or the seat.

Thought about you today Will, I got the vacuum out and got rid of the sand from the car. (only took me 4 months) :blush::lol:

If your obsessive compulsive god only knows what I am

On arrival back home from Saturdays meet I noticed some water splash marks around the wheel arch after driving a bit of slightly damp road and had to remove and polish before putting the car away. My z is definitely a sticky fingered child free zone. A small diameter clear rubber tube is excellant for removing such items.

• Like 1

Oh this brings back memories of an exploding strawberry smoothie in my poor zed. had to remove the headlining, seats & carpet to clean & get rid of the smell :scare: Sounds like you got off lightly & glad to hear that you managed to remove the smartie remains. Now stick to your guns & leave the sweeties in the boot :)

Haha I remember you telling me abour the strawberry smoothie incident :console:

You need a Buster :thumbs:

Great for cleaning Zed's :)

you would need a lot more than 1 smartie to keep him fed though :scare:

Like you dedication - don't let the smarties win!!!!!