Utterly disgusting

Chesterfield

I have an 18 month old boy, I could never, not in a million years harm a single hair on his head. I have found myself close to tears reading some of the news on this. The amazing thing is there was an older child in the house who didn't suffer the same abuse, he only got hit if he tried to feed Daniel. Again as some other posts hear me out on this, but I can understand to a tiny insignificant point why the guy could have physically and mentally done what he did as he was not the natural father even though it is still massively so wrong, but the mother, in all honesty how she forced away that natural instinct to protect your very own - she is evil, twisted and should be put down, there is no place on this planet for her.

Then to read her mother going on about how the system failed her 'normal girl' and that it wouldn't have happened in Poland, rubbish, utter rubbish - your 'normal girl' is a twisted and evil woman who failed the one person above all else she is on this Earth to protect. In fact mother, if you want to throw non-sensical accusations around, you should be in the dock for bringing up a woman who is a child killer, how about that?

The fact that neither of them accept in any way still blame for his death, just shows how pointless it is keeping them alive, they have no place in normal society. Lethal injection and be done with it.

I don't have and have never wanted children but that doesn't stop me being disgusted by what these people did. Having said that I don't really agree that the death penalty is the best solution. It seems simple and obvious in these sorts of cases but there is plenty of evidence form the U.S.A that significant numbers of people have been killed for crimes they did not commit. It also disproportionately affects people from poor and ethnic backgrounds who end up being assigned crappy third rate lawyers and don't get a proper defence. As vile as this case is, I don't believe that it's worth the risk of killing a single innocent person to bring back the death penalty.

• Like 1

Don;t get me started on that.................... doubled his penalty to 2 months for each offence on the basis that the punishment wasn't so severe at the time. He got caught NOW!!!

I'm lost on that one mate, are you saying he should've got more than the 18mths originally? Or that the 3 years was not enough?

My partner and had to switch the news off the other evening.

I just couldn't listen or watch. It seems everyone who could have intervened failed or failed up to follow up on their concerns.

I did partially watch an interview with the boys father and the sad thing was he wanted custody and would have happily given him a caring home back in Poland.

Not an ounce of positive in this at all :(

Don't worry somebody will get them in prison.(not that this takes anything away from the disgusting crime)They don't take kindly to these sort of monsters inside.

That's why I have Karma tattooed in chinese on my arm...

There time shall come..

Edited by skidder

Don't worry somebody will get them in prison.(not that this takes anything away from the disgusting crime)They don't take kindly to these sort of monsters inside.

There time shall come..

I doubt it very much indeed, they will be protected, segregated and looked after. Look at the Woolwich murderers, prison officers have been suspended over an altercation

There time shall come..

I doubt it very much indeed, they will be protected, segregated and looked after. Look at the Woolwich murderers, prison officers have been suspended over an altercation

Suspended or not the ***** still ended up with his teeth smashed out.

Foreign, kiddie murderers, in a prison full of bigoted, neo-nazi, detritus of society............I wouldn't fancy my chances of getting through the next 30 years totally unscathed.

There time shall come..

I know you have inside knowledge Dave ;) , but Ian Huntley has so far had boiling water poured on him and his throat slashed. The Yorkshire Ripper had one of his eyes gouged out. 30 years is a long time to completely protect people who will be hated by other prisoners.

Pete

Very very unlikely in this country - none of the major political parties would support it - it's too much of political hot potato. I would prefer to see the use of more full life terms. To be told that you will never be free to walk the streets again would be a fitting punishment for particularly brutal crimes and at least leave the opportunity for miscarriages of justices to be put right.

As above. Very few countries now have the death penalty, countries like China, North Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia...mainly dictatorships as far as I can tell. Only the good old USA of the western democracies still have the death penalty but things are changing there too. About 20 American States have abolished the death penalty, half of those since 2000, its only the hard core deep south states like Texas, Louisiana where public support remains very high.

Pete

• Like 1

I shouldnt get too worked up, but its absolutely abhorrent that we will now pay 35,000 a year for them to be comfortable.

I cant think of a punishment severe enough.

Severe hard labour is not enough but would be better than giving them access to food, a safe(ish) environment, books & an education; all for which has been denied to Daniel.

Send them to China and make them pay for their own bullet. Now I know people will say death is a good way out for them but to be honest I don't think there's a place in society for people like this even if they are in prison. They will be out one day and that's wrong.