What a dick!!

glrnet

There's no need to drive like that on a public road.

And if you're going to do it, at least be a man and take it on the chin, put your hands up and be respectful/remorseful to the law when you're caught.

Unfortunately he'll undoubtedly keep driving irrespective of a ban - those sort of people will do :(

Unfortunately he'll undoubtedly keep driving irrespective of a ban - those sort of people will do :(

Making statements like that in a court will wind the police up no end. I would imagine he'll be closely watched from now on.

Pete

Making statements like that in a court will wind the police up no end. I would imagine he'll be closely watched from now on.

Pete

...and no doubt take them to court for harassment. :dry:

Somehow it being a hired car makes it seem even sadder! What a chump.

Was it hired? I didn't finish the video, he only got fined £515 and lost his license! Not bad for him really seeing as how he went 165! Got off light

Yep. It refers to the car being hired. Obviously dangerous driving is dangerous driving but for some reason it just makes him seem more of a gimp that he doesn't even own such a nice car.

Edited by sipar69

Meh. If the motorway was empty (which it probably was at 0500) then I dont see its a big deal .......... yep, watched video and didnt see another car. Not saying he shouldnt get banned but I saw more "dangerous" driving on my way to work this morning ;)

• Like 1

Too many do-gooders on performance car forums, which is ironic in itself.

None of you guys have ever exceeded the speed limit on a public road? If so, please get yourself a hybrid, save us the speech, and make yourself feel better by hugging a tree in the process! :lol:

Looks like he sped when no-one was around, so not like he was putting anyone at risk (according to the video). His attitude towards the court though is another matter entirely which I don't agree with.

Edited by wizard
  • Like 1

I looked up the fastest speeding ticket for a car in The U.K. It's 172 mph, once again it wasn't the drivers own car, he had "borrowed" it from a dealership where he worked. He got 10 weeks in prison, although the circumstances were different, he was on a busy dual carriageway and he took the car without proper permission. The outright U.K record is 176 mph by a biker :scare: .

Update on that in 2012 someone was caught doing 180 in a stolen Audi.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

This happened June 2011.Presumably we've all been sharing the roads with this scumbag for the last 2 years. Don't understand why it takes this long to get to court!!??

I'm pretty sure that it'd been before a magistrate quite soon after it happened and they have the power to impose an interim ban , just like they did in the case of Carlos Tevez.

Also found this

The court heard that Mahmoon had previous for driving while disqualified and driving without due care and attention. He was previously convicted of possessing cannabis with intent to supply.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

Meh. If the motorway was empty (which it probably was at 0500) then I dont see its a big deal .......... yep, watched video and didnt see another car. Not saying he shouldnt get banned but I saw more "dangerous" driving on my way to work this morning ;)

Totally agree! He only put himself in danger so not really a big deal, I did the same when I went 160 on my R6 but I didn't get caught ;)

I looked up the fastest speeding ticket for a car in The U.K. It's 172 mph, once again it wasn't the drivers own car, he had "borrowed" it from a dealership where he worked. He got 10 weeks in prison, although the circumstances were different, he was on a busy dual carriageway and he took the car without proper permission. The outright U.K record is 176 mph by a biker :scare: .

Update on that in 2012 someone was caught doing 180 in a stolen Audi.

Pete

Have you seen the bloke that got caught in Texas doing 254mph! In a koenigsegg