Car running through a Red light on my travels... extra video added page 7

Seems the topics went off course into an argument about something simple. If your doing 50 and light turns red, if your still doing 30 when right next to traffic light on red, id say go through. If you brake that hard the guy behind you is gonna wack your rear end. If theres time to slow down and the amber is obvious, then yeah stop the car.

Ive been through red light a few times the same as most, if i stopped, the white van driver behind me who intends on going through the red light, will smash into the back of me.

Im actually in Richmond sipar, pretty sure I have seen that grey 370 a few times? Yes centre kingston is awful but its a good cut through coming home from football at 10pm :)

Ahh maybe...I do go through Richmond sometimes :)

Seems the topics went off course into an argument about something simple. If your doing 50 and light turns red, if your still doing 30 when right next to traffic light on red, id say go through. If you brake that hard the guy behind you is gonna wack your rear end. If theres time to slow down and the amber is obvious, then yeah stop the car.

Ive been through red light a few times the same as most, if i stopped, the white van driver behind me who intends on going through the red light, will smash into the back of me.

As far as I know the amber to red is timed to the speed limit so if you're still doing a 30 in a 50 and go through a red you're likely to get t boned. Just had my zed written off in a very slow accident where someone didn't stop at a T junction by an Evoque. Imagine a 38 ton wagon going through a red doing 30

Common dblock I wanna see this go all out as you must have touched a nerve ;)

Maybe you've not see what happened to my car recently?

Did someone run a red light and hit you?

Not exactly.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/72145-im-far-from-fking-pleased-finished-page12/

A fair few thousand quid down the pan!

Ah man that sucks! I would have gone Liam neeson style

Not exactly.

There you go then. Now maybe you'll see why I'm not impressed with flippant remarks. In fact its not the first time from Mr Block.

Hey everyone can have an opinion at the end if the day.......doesn't mean you all need to poo in fury.

Its a chimp in a sprog wagon jumping a red at the end if the day.......it's not like you just watched a baby seal get finger-blasted by a Norwegian whaler.

As for posting it on here.....well meh. What we gonna do about it? It as a boring video about a boring incident......if its got Dips dingle itching he can report it to the Feds if not then its just another dull video about yet another dull **** who can't drive.

No offence like Dips.....I know you had best intentions at heart. Xxx

• Like 2

Hey everyone can have an opinion at the end if the day.......doesn't mean you all need to poo in fury.

Its a chimp in a sprog wagon jumping a red at the end if the day.......it's not like you just watched a baby seal get finger-blasted by a Norwegian whaler.

As for posting it on here.....well meh. What we gonna do about it? It as a boring video about a boring incident......if its got Dips dingle itching he can report it to the Feds if not then its just another dull video about yet another dull **** who can't drive.

No offence like Dips.....I know you had best intentions at heart. Xxx

love you too my furry friend x

• Like 1

Im actually in Richmond sipar, pretty sure I have seen that grey 370 a few times? Yes centre kingston is awful but its a good cut through coming home from football at 10pm :)

Ahh maybe...I do go through Richmond sometimes :)

I remember now, saw you passing me in the opposite direction, would have been last friday maybe, you were heading towards richmond bridge I was going the other way in my red VX220, just on the road by Waterstones :thumbs:

It's not worth the fuzz's time to be honest

Aye, you're probably right. From a chief constable (Northamptonshire).....

A prosecution for an offence via a clip submitted in such a manner is unlikely and therefore the value of such clips should be taken as limited. If Forces are seeking an appropriate response, I would recommend that in most cases, a suitable letter to the registered owner of the vehicle would be proportionate where the submitted clips meet a high enough standard; You may wish to consider making a clear policy decision not to act upon submitted video clips where the volume becomes unmanageable; The idea of a ‘vigilante’ approach of members of the public standing by the side of the road with mobile phones and video cameras should be argued against for safety reasons.

Pete

Not exactly.

There you go then. Now maybe you'll see why I'm not impressed with flippant remarks. In fact its not the first time from Mr Block.

My block is my father.

First thing calm down. It was ment to be abit of banter but I didn't realise your such a girl.

Also I want to know what other flippant remarks I have made?

I agree with riceys point.

Also I don't know why ekona is spouting his crap. I've gone through a few red lights who doesn't? The light is going Ambur just as your going up to the lights. You can either slam the brakes and get rear ended or just go through as it's turning red. Happened today at the clay pots junction actually. Your lying through your teeth if you haven't done that.

Edited by Dblock

Ekona is "spouting his crap" as you so eloquently put it, as he has an opinion, as does everyone else. Why on earth you are all getting so wound up is beyond me :shrug: Most of you have been here long enough to know by now that not everyone will get on with everyone else so lets all stop rising to the bait. And those who are continuously outspoken and argumentative about everyone else's opinion, if they believe they are wrong should wind their necks in a bit and try to put across their own point of view without resorting to name calling.

Bloody hell. is everyone a bit highly strung?!

tbh, I don't see why you've posted the video? Yeah the guy has jumped a light, but there was no other dangerous driving involved, he didn't cut anyone up, or cause anyone to take evasive action. yeah he jumped a red light, but is that any worse that nailing it a bit more than you should in a national speed limit?

I feel this video would have been worth it if he had done something really dangerous. but he hasn't so why rat him out? I saw someone jump a red light on my way to work. oh well, it was on a dual carriageway and he went through a bit late, didn't cause anyone to slam on/swerve. a small drop in the motoring crime ocean.

• Like 1

Bloody hell. is everyone a bit highly strung?!

tbh, I don't see why you've posted the video? Yeah the guy has jumped a light, but there was no other dangerous driving involved, he didn't cut anyone up, or cause anyone to take evasive action. yeah he jumped a red light, but is that any worse that nailing it a bit more than you should in a national speed limit?

I feel this video would have been worth it if he had done something really dangerous. but he hasn't so why rat him out? I saw someone jump a red light on my way to work. oh well, it was on a dual carriageway and he went through a bit late, didn't cause anyone to slam on/swerve. a small drop in the motoring crime ocean.

Because no-one else has ever made a mistake whilst driving and would be totally cool with it being posted on the internet if they did? :shrug:

Seems to me that a really pedantic post has been blown well out of proportion.

• Like 1