Nurburg vs Civic

:scare: Didn't realise you were charged for repairs to the circuit, the thought hadn't crossed my mind! That is a real kick between the legs.

Really? Something like an oil spill will cost you an arm and a leg.

Make a clean lap, or pay through the nose!

• Like 1

Potentially very expensive indeed!

Quick read online; 'an issue at the Ring such as closing the track due to an oil drop, or hit Armco, you will have a bill to pay. Ensure you have a means to pay this bill on the spot. A 30 minute closure will cost you around £1,000, a medium to hard Armco contact, between £2K and £5K.'

Edited by Ceejay29

Potentially very expensive indeed!

Quick read online; 'an issue at the Ring such as closing the track due to an oil drop, or hit Armco, you will have a bill to pay. Ensure you have a means to pay this bill on the spot. A 30 minute closure will cost you around £1,000, a medium to hard Armco contact, between £2K and £5K.'

Exactly, only reason I wouldnt take my daily.

A track slag, at least you could ditch it and make a run for it lol.

• Like 2

People worry about crashing at the ring to much.

ive been twice and cant see any reason why you would crash.

On my first trip, i was a bit excitable and was driving on 9/10ths of my limit, went into adenur-forst and lost the back end, held it and luckily came out.

from that corner on i drive at 7-8/10ths of what i can. and will never push for more. Its a country road that you dont know very well.

If you drive on your skill limit youll probably crash. Take into consideration the track surface, the temperature, your car and yourself, whats coming up behind you and you will be fine.

UK trackdays are for pushing yourself to the limit. Not the ring.

Of course, there may be someone who will side swipe you. but thats not your fault, thats theirs and now they are paying for your motor.

if you realy are shitting a brick about it. google Ryanmi. They were going to cover me at the ring for £200.

What if some random drops fluids and you have no idea who it was? Or you end up in a multi-vehicle accident with UK & euro drivers, with no clear person to blame? Or you drop fluids and a biker comes off and is crippled for life, and you have to pay the £250K bill?

Either way, you're coming out of it many thousands out of pocket. Not worth the risk anymore, regardless of how careful you are personally.

I've been over a few times as well (& love it!), not driving but in gt3 rs's/360 cs etc

Last time we were there, a five car pile up happened perhaps 20 seconds ahead of us - nothing bad from the looks of it...but we were absolutely hoofing it in the gt3, so it came up as a surprise :lol:

I totally agree about a country road you don't know very well but some people don't realise the potential risks...

What if some random drops fluids and you have no idea who it was? Or you end up in a multi-vehicle accident with UK & euro drivers, with no clear person to blame? Or you drop fluids and a biker comes off and is crippled for life, and you have to pay the £250K bill?

What, like the friend of mine who lost the bottom end of his Bimmer, dropped oil and then watched as 12 cars ploughed into each other, armco and anything else available .......... and then continued watching a bit later as two people were Medivaced by helicopter? Talk about wallet flashing before your eyes :scare:

What, like the friend of mine who lost the bottom end of his Bimmer, dropped oil and then watched TWENTY SECONDS LATER as FIVE cars ploughed into each other, armco and anything else available .......... Talk about wallet flashing before your eyes :scare:

edited that for you

Are you really liable if you wipe other people out? No insurance and all that.... :shrug:

If negligence is proved, yes. Exactly the same as over here, but in that case it's your insurer who coughs up.

What, like the friend of mine who lost the bottom end of his Bimmer, dropped oil and then watched TWENTY SECONDS LATER as FIVE cars ploughed into each other, armco and anything else available .......... Talk about wallet flashing before your eyes :scare:

edited that for you

Cheers, thought it was still supposed to be on the quiet so didnt think the actual information would be the best ........... ;)

So youre telling me the Medivac didnt happen then? I obviously got an embellished version.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't treat the 'ring as you might Blyton Park or similar and you'll be fine- I've been going there for over 20 years (well before Clarkson made it famous) and only had one argument with the Armco and that was because I got red mist. Keep calm and you'll be safe.

ive only been once and ive only done 3 laps in rather bog standard s14,

If you drive way within your and the cars limits your fine, I think the rumors about thousands of pounds on shut down costs are a bit OTT within my group of friends we've had 2 drivers damage armco and the paid no more than £600 for replacement parts and labour, but then they didnt shut the track they just put like coned everyone into single file for a few hundred yards at them spots, and at the end of the day you can just drive around it at 30mph if you wish.