Nurburg vs Civic

I really fancy it, just for the experience like, no desire to set a time in my precious, beautiful Zed. The though of some other bellend who is determined to set the record for a Saxo round the ring, ploughing in to me really puts me off.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes,it does take more than two laps to learn,but once you have its the most fantastic 21 kilometers of tarmac you can drive! Armco will run out about €1600 per meter should you like to find out how strong it is! The Ring is a public road and German Traffic Laws should be obeyed.

Dangerous? yes it can be if your trying too hard and not looking in your mirrors or far enough ahead NEVER ever go there and expect to be quick first time round,forget about Clarksons run,you didnt see the amount of coaching/instruction he had before hand,nope,he's NOT a Driving God! Just a very good entertainer.

The Nurburgring is there as it has been since 1927 [23 it was only half of what it is now,used as a manufacturers test track.] So,if you get the chance to come over and drive it,do so because you'll not forget it.

Edited by Terence Bower

I went to the nurburgring a month ago with a big group of us, took the z on tourist days and tbh I would have found it hard to crash if I'm honest it's just like a great country road where you have the most fun, all you need to do is keep concentrated and be aware of what's coming up and what's coming up behind you, get a feel for the car in the first sections of the track then go for it, for my first ever lap I timed it (people say don't time it but it's really not difficult to just get your passenger to press the buttons and you forget it's timing until the end) and I was really surprised by my time I thought I would have timed alot more, the car is setup up beautifully from the upgrades I've done and it's a real pleasure on track. Learned and bonded alot with it doing the stelvio pass aswell and a 1720 mile European trip we

Be safe and aware and you'll have a blast and make sure the car is up to it and sustained abuse