Write off?

Luke0549

So, after a weekend of nurburgring, I've managed to wreck my zed on the way home. Coming onto a 2 lane slip road onto m'way which is a left sweeping bend, was in right lane, ground was wet, accelerating from 30-50mph, car to left started to come into me, so hit the breaks and car spun off and through a wooden lot of posts.

Absolutely gutted. Need front wings, 2 doors, 2 rear wings, rear bumper, rear light,

Going to get a garage to view the structure tomorrow to see if its damaged underneath.

I drove it, drives perfectly straight.

Ouch, i would say from an insurance point of view its a right off. OEM parts with the labour cost would be over 5k.

But if your willing to buy it back and the chassis/suspension isn't bent then you could have a go at a DIY repair.

Hate to say it mate, but id wave bye bye to that one. I've seen cars written off for MUCH less damage than that :(

I agree I think if you go through insurance they'll take one look at that and write it off! Sorry!

Ouch, sorry to hear that! if there is a silver lining, was that it happened at home when you're insured and dont have to stump up an additional bill for armco repairs!

looks pretty bad tbh, hope you get a decent settlement and are out zedding again soon!

I must be the only one who thinks it doesn't look too bad??

Wheels look straight and engine looks to be intact..........if the chassis is straight then just a few wings and doors, no?

It drives fine. I drove it from the top of my road, about a mile, because the recovery truck couldn't turn round. And a lot of it looks cosmetic.

Just need to get it looked at to see if the chassis is bent!

Sorry to see that buddy, its down to you to make the decision I guess you will have to weigh out the cost etc but if you decide to go for it I have a passenger door with a slight dent in it, if many panels need to be sprayed its an easy job to pull out and respray, let us know if needed

Good luck with chassis inspection

Yes the car may drive fine, but I count 5 panels that need replacing totally, drivers side wing, door and rear, passenger side door and rear and Im not sure about the bonnet as theres no photos so it could be 6.

The cost of sourcing these from Nissan as a crash repair centre will have to do, they cant use cheaper parts, must be OEM would be several thousand, then theres the labour of stripping the panels from the car, painting and then refitting...

To put it into perspective. On my Celica, I had a lady crash into me at 20MPH, she slightly warped the rear bumper around the rear lights. Because it could not be fixed, the crash centre got a new bumper from Toyota, painted and fitted it. Total bill for their services £970.00. The car was perhaps worth 2-3k absolute max so im lucky they didn't write that off.

At a total guess using the info from my experience, that's somewhere between 4-6k of repairs and sadly the car isn't worth the 10-12k needed to make it viable to repair :(

Wow, so sorry to see a zed in pain.

How much does an insurance company normally ask for for a car in that condition, is it a nominal fee or do they look at the value of the parts?