This car is great because....

raduv66

Not to be taken serious and to take it away from the dark side " This car is crap because...." lets have some positive posts on cars. So name a car you like simple as :) Well me first and two cars I've owned and had bags of fun with.

Pug 205 1.9 GTI this was my first venture into modding cars and was a great lil hot hatch for its time.

Scooby WRX STI PPP 03 Blobeye the best looking of the scoobs and what a sound from that flat four only a V8 could sound nicer.

just my opinion guys have fun play nice now :teeth: .

Edited by raduv66

I took my astra sri 1.9 150bhp diesel for its first service. The dealer gave me a new astra vxr as a courtesy car. I couldnt believe how fast it felt at the time. I dove half way home and turned around, went back to the dealer and bought one, lol.

Car was priced around £20k i bought one with a vx partners discount for £15,400. Sold it a year later for around £14k, so i was really happy with that car!

I loved my Black Capri 2.8i and to this day I don't really understand why I traded it in after just 2 and a half years with just 17k on the clock for an XR3i. None of the other cars I've owned had anything like the charisma of The Capri.

Pete

• Like 1

I loved my Black Capri 2.8i and to this day I don't really understand why I traded it in after just 2 and a half years with just 17k on the clock for an XR3i. None of the other cars I've owned had anything like the charisma of The Capri.

Pete

I had a black 2.0 sport many moons ago went through three clutches in it and the drivers door used to fall right off its hinges when I opened it sometimes. And I had great fun with it for about four years I traded mine in for the pug GTI but ive always liked those big bonnets out in front.

Fiat coupe 16v turbo, I will have another one before I die. Not everyone's taste but I think they look great for there age, probably won't try putting 350hp throught the front wheels on the next one, torque steer was emense but once it was going it scared lots of people that weren't expecting it :-)

Oh and my focus derv daily for making it possible to run a 16 mpg zed for fun.....

When I had the merc I was given a smart for2 as a courtesy car. Feared the worst, my colleagues called me gay.... but man that was a fun little car to drive! Slow as anything but felt rapid cos of the size/shape of the car. Daft gearbox- forward/back that was it but felt like I was playing mario kart on a DS :lol:

I had a 1993 Honda Crx (UK delsol) VTI after buying it fixing it up (new arms bushes and tein coilovers) and getting it perfect I sold it about 4 months later! Biggest regret I've ever made as I know its new owner loves it as I should of :(

Never driven or even sat in any of these, but.....

Chrysler 300c.

Just seems to have such presence without needing "badge prestige" to achieve it.

Original Lexus IS200

To this day I still reckon they look smart inside and out.

New Corsa VXR

Best looking VXR from Vauxhall IMHO

(excluding the Monaro, but I don't think that counts as a regular Vauxhall)

Diahatsu Copen

My pic of the quirky sporty numbers.

I like it even though I'd never want one :doh:

Deliberately didn't put obvious likable sports models as the list would be endless!

Never driven or even sat in any of these, but.....

Chrysler 300c.

Just seems to have such presence without needing "badge prestige" to achieve it.

Original Lexus IS200

To this day I still reckon they look smart inside and out.

New Corsa VXR

Best looking VXR from Vauxhall IMHO

(excluding the Monaro, but I don't think that counts as a regular Vauxhall)

Diahatsu Copen

My pic of the quirky sporty numbers.

I like it even though I'd never want one :doh:

Deliberately didn't put obvious likable sports models as the list would be endless!

What about the vx220 Turbo?

BTW the new astra vxr look sweet, just like a big corsa, lol.

Had pearlesant pink MGTF 160

The most fun I have had in a car and a lot of other places!

There's a guy just up the road who has at least 5 of these, guess he loves them too. He also has an MX5 and hidden behind these are several other cars. What's strange is that when I got my first car some 40+ years ago there used to be a load of Triumph Heralds parked outside the same house :).

Pete

You know what? I'm going to second the Corsa VXR mentioned above. For what it is, and I'll ignore the drive as I've never been in one, they got the styling absolutely spot-on and at a great price. Looks like a modern-day Max Power special but with a lot more class, and the fact that you never see one with extra bodykit bits on means they got something right. A nice turbocharged engine means you can get some good power out of it easily as well without massive expense.

I'd drive one.

Citroen 2CV

- Minimalist

- Amusing

- Surprising capability if you understand the laws of momentum

- Infinitely flexible space - all seats come out in seconds - roof rolls right back - can carry anything

- Ideally suited for condition of Surrey roads - can take unexpected short cuts without ill effects

- Has features which provide fun for onlookers/passengers - fold up windows - cranking wheel to open ventilation flap - loud clicking indicators (no light) - cornering attitude at speed appears to defy law of physics

- Can thrash it all day long with no ill effects

- Very comfortable - good steering, ride and brakes (if later inboard disks)

- Stress free - you just sit back and relax (well it's a bit noisy but you can't have everything)

My old Suzuki cappuccino was a fantastic car. Rear wheel drive, 657cc small turbo 3 cylinder engine and 660kg = great fun. Everyone smiled at the car and if you ever passed another which was a very rare sight the other owner would wave frantically at you like you were their long lost brother!

My fabia VRS which for the life of me I don't know why I traded it in for my Audi a3 that I have now. The Fabia was the better car in every aspect.

I have so many fond Memories of past cars...