My new car (again) or not :(

Ian

:p

Hopefully this one lasts a bit longer than my previous 2 attempts :lol:

1993 Toyota Supra RZ

3L Twin Turbo

6 Speed Manual gearbox :teeth:

Gash Volk Wheels (If anyone has any idea which ones they are that would be nice :))

Even worse steering wheel (OEM one being refitted on import)

Boost/EGT gauges (Being relocated to a-pillar pod on import)

Black paint

Carpets being dyed black on import

Only done 94K KM so roughly 58K miles B)

1_zpse24b4bc7.jpg

2_zps578ac74f.jpg

3_zpsb9279979.jpg

4_zps0fefe636.jpg

5_zpsd69c5fba.jpg

7_zpsd031f9e8.jpg

8_zps59fab250.jpg

9_zpsd8a757b1.jpg

13_zps5ad50f93.jpg

Front end is being resprayed on import along with a few other bits & pieces as part of the UK prep process. Should be here in around 10-12 weeks (by which point I will have "owned" it longer than the R33 and 350z number 2 put together :lol: )

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1

What happened to the 2nd Zed??

I like the Supra but what is the RZ spec?

2nd Z, I lent to my brother to see if he liked it & I couldn't get the keys back off him :lol: I drove it 3 times :(

Looks nice, how did you find this?

Is it a Japanese car dealer?

What sort of money do they go for?

I've always liked the turbo supra.

Its throught a Japanese Car dealer, being brought over by JM-Imports for me. This one is coming in at £10.5K OTR

Whats the plans for it Ian?

No idea, I know very little about Supras :lol: I have much to learn

Someone's nicked your stereo mate.

Thieving Japanese bastards, they stole the one out the R34 aswell :lol:

Love Supra's but I cant see you keeping this long with your track record matey.

:lol:

If it gets past the 18 month mark, then its a keeper ;) Only car I've ever kept longer than that is my original Z. If I could get back my original Z to exactly how I had it then I'd have it back in an instant :(

Nice. Always liked them.

Is Jurgen importing it for you?

Yeah Jurgen is bringing it in, I figure that in Supra circles hes the most reliable source to bring one in

is this the half way house till the R35

No R35 for me yet, it just wasnt realistic financially unless I saved every penny I earn for the next 18 months :(

Who's jurgen, wouldn't mind finding out how to go about finding a similar car to import, how does it work from seeing to receiving

Jurgen from JM-Imports.

Pretty simple process. Let Jurgen know what your looking for, pay him a deposit & then he starts searching dealers & auctions in Japan for what your after. Once he secures it, you pay the cost of the car. It then gets deregisterd & sent to port for shipping, couple of months later it arrives, gets prepped for UK & then you pay the final installment on collection.

What's the cost difference in importing vs UK cars or is it just sometimes you cant get a particular model over here.

Sorry for the dumb ass question :)

In this case its purely down to rarity.

Theres one black manual Supra (Does have a big single turbo though) for sale in the UK, every other Supra for sale seems to be an auto :(

What's the cost difference in importing vs UK cars or is it just sometimes you cant get a particular model over here.

Theres one black manual Supra (Does have a big single turbo though) for sale in the UK, every other Supra for sale seems to be an auto :(

Cool, in general though is there much of a saving? Also history of the car is that all verified etc?

Cool, in general though is there much of a saving? Also history of the car is that all verified etc?

Price is roughly the same as what they change hands for over here. Not sure what history its got, my R34 came with a folder full which is pretty rare for a JDM import.

I know from translating the dealer page though that its got a new clutch & no accident history which is nice :D