My new car (again) or not :(

Ian

Sounds ok, but would the car be properly checked before its bought?

Like mechanical and electrics, the last thing you want is a dog of car turning up which then needs a new turbo, clutch and whatever else could be unnoticed?

If importing a car worked out a lot less in costs I can see the gamble, other than that it would only be worth doing for something you can't get here.

Would love to get a gtr, can't Get one here as they are 30k plus

Trust me, the cheap part of getting a GTR is the £30k to buy it. I could have had one at £30k easily but the running costs are mental.

Sounds ok, but would the car be properly checked before its bought?

Like mechanical and electrics, the last thing you want is a dog of car turning up which then needs a new turbo, clutch and whatever else could be unnoticed?

If importing a car worked out a lot less in costs I can see the gamble, other than that it would only be worth doing for something you can't get here.

Car is all checked out & test driven in Japan before I bought it :)

I could buy a car from down the road & the turbo/gearbox/clutch/flux capacitor could go on the way home :shrug:

Lol, I keep seeing one on the road, looks awsome, always forget the hidden costs, but would be nice to have one for a few months just to experience it, I was thinking get one at a trade price then you won't loose too much once you have given it a good thrashing!!!

"teeth"

Trust me, the cheap part of getting a GTR is the £30k to buy it. I could have had one at £30k easily but the running costs are mental.

So much this :(

How much is that exhaust? its £500. OK i'll take one that fits a GTR - Oh that one will be £1500 then :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Errm just a small update.

Got to work this morning to find a few messages from Jurgen at JM-Imports on my phone asking for me to call him asap as there has been a small incident in Japan involving my Supra!

Gave him a call & my fears were confirmed.

My new Supra has been stolen from the docks in Japan. It was supposed to be loaded onto the boat today & its nowhere to be found :(

Sooooooooooo, we are now hunting yet again for Black TT6 with less than 100k km & as OEM as possible

Looking more likely i wont have anything arrive much before august/september now :(

Not sure whether I should laugh or cry :surrender:

Wow if you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any Ian! :stir:

Still LOL'd when you text me earlier but feel for ya mate - Hope they can find another one ASAP :thumbs:

Convert it into the orange F&F Supra....pleeeeaaaseee lol :lol::teeth:

Errr. No

Missed this thread 1st time round, nice motor Ian B)

Yeah it was until someone else decided they liked it & nicked it from the docks :lol:

Convert it into the orange F&F Supra....pleeeeaaaseee lol :lol::teeth:

Errr. No

Missed this thread 1st time round, nice motor Ian B)

Yeah it was until someone else decided they liked it & nicked it from the docks :lol:

Oh crap just read that bit :lol:

Good luck with the search (again) mate :console:

Not sure if you would go for a silver tt

But my cousin is a car collector he has a near mint condition one and mentioned he may sell it soon, it's auto I believe and a uk spec?

Nope, has to be a black manual TT.

Auto's are easy to find in the UK & cost pennies compared to a manual :(

Nightmare :console: Good luck finding a new one, hopefully this is insured against and wont cost you anything?

Yup all insured :)

No loss to me other than the extended delay in getting a car