who has the craziest wheels set up on the forum?

Pete87

At risk of taking the thread a bit :offtopic:

Singer-911_2011_1600x1200_wallpaper_02.jpg

tbh i think if you're stretching tyres then this is the perfect amount. i know it's hardly any stretch but i think it looks perfect with this stance. now where's the masterbating emoticon?... :D

They look really nice mate. The wheels go really well with the GM car colour as well.

Docwra, as cool as that 911 looks, its clearly a track focussed car and I cant imagine you would be able to drive it on anything that isn't as smooth as a pane of glass. I don't think the guys at Singer would like their car being called weak either :(

Hate to be a hater but if youre talking stance that Porsche is weak - you could rehome a family of immigrants in that archgap. Search Rauh Welt to see examples of how stance should be done, like this:

eurp_1011_08_o+rauh_welt_begriff_porsches+930_porsche.jpg

long term goal is to do a classic Porsche project

@Plummerman, are they the steel greys? Suit your car vey well indeed, hope you don't have TC issues with 35's on both axles

Graham, they're Hyperblack finish... :)

What tyres do you have fitted as the wheels are best suited to 245/35/19 and 275/35/19 as we fitted to Phils above... :)

Can't remember off the top of my head, I'll look in the morning.

They look really nice mate. The wheels go really well with the GM car colour as well.

Docwra, as cool as that 911 looks, its clearly a track focussed car and I cant imagine you would be able to drive it on anything that isn't as smooth as a pane of glass. I don't think the guys at Singer would like their car being called weak either :(

Not meant to be a pure track car tho...

Ouch, that mint green one looks expensive. I don't wish bad luck on anyone, regardless of what they do to their car, but I doubt he'd have had an issue if he was running sensible wheels and tyres.

*thump*

That's me landing, after I finished jumping to conclusions.

But then not every wants to be a sheep

I just don't get what the point of this is unless your suspension has been replaced with solid iron girders to stop the wheels moving(and that this would fall foul of UK MOT laws as the wheels and tyres are past the arch) . Image below stolen from the US site

Picture004-1.jpg

Edited by cs2000

Im not going to get in argument over it, but the Rauh Welt cars are road cars, and Im afraid if you start talking about "perfect stance" then 2 inch archgaps have to be pointed out. Ive been a member of the offset police ;) for a fair while now and had some crazy setups myself, you would be surprised what can be achieved without ruining the cars dynamics.

Example: My good friend Phil Morrison of Driftworks built a V10 M3 specifically to tear round the Nurburgring. His car looks like this:

TrackCultureM3V106.jpg

and goes like the absolute clappers. Function and form can be done ;)

• Like 2

I just don't get what the point of this is unless your suspension has been replaced with solid iron girders to stop the wheels moving(and that this would fall foul of UK MOT laws as the wheels and tyres are past the arch) . Image below stolen from the US site

Picture004-1.jpg

lol, the old rim poke debate. Honeslty, dont belive the hype, the only people who moan its illegal and fail mot's are the people who run gay 8j wheels haha.

Ive run 9.5 and 10j on my s14a for 3 years with a 225 and 235 tire with loads of poke and low and never failed an mot or been pulled. its not illegal and is a grey area that no police or test station cares about lol

It's the tread protruding from the arch and not the wheel or tyre that matters. That's another reason stretch tyres are used by some people, as a stretched tyres tread doesn't protrude from the arch and keeps the wheel setup legal.

Police aren't really bothered about this sort of thing. HOWEVER if you were ever a part of a coroners investigation of an RTI, the legality of the car would maybe be scrutinised. I used to run a bit of poke on my 330 Clubsport and it looked great.

Edited by kris

Fair enough. In the photo I posted I was more questioning why you would run the tyre 2-3mm from the top of the wheel arch. If the suspension moved EVEN SLIGHTLY you would just rip the tyre to pieces or damage your arches....surely??

Fair enough. In the photo I posted I was more questioning why you would run the tyre 2-3mm from the top of the wheel arch. If the suspension moved EVEN SLIGHTLY you would just rip the tyre to pieces or damage your arches....surely??

Hence why you would run your dampers on the super hard setting....and roll your arches ;)

with some cars and ive noticed the 350 does it as the shock compresses the wheel doesnt just move up it also brings the top of the wheel in so if youve spent time looking into perfect fit offsets/widths/tyres you can run close like that and never hit the arch.

@Plummerman, are they the steel greys? Suit your car vey well indeed, hope you don't have TC issues with 35's on both axles

I run 245/35/19 and 275/35/19 and have no TC issues :teeth:

genuine question but do people think that is a tyre has a 35 profile its always the same as in 35mm? and dont know that it stands for 35% of the overall width, as ive seen it here and on american forums people saying got to be carefully running both 35 on the same axle as that doesnt stand for toffee if your running staggered widths?

Edited by StevoD

I think I need to weight in on this one, I may not have custom arches or 12s on the rear but my set up is:

Suspension

BC Coilovers wound to the bottom on the back with adjusters removed and fronts have a little left if i wanted. Dampers set to their stiffest setting bar 2 clicks

Wheels

Varrsteon Track 200 (ES2.2.2)

Fitment

Front: 19x9.5 ET22, 20mm Eibach Spacers creating ET2

Rear: 19x10.5 ET22, 25mm H&R Spacers creating ET-3

Tyres

Front: Falken 452 - 225/35/19

Rear: Falken 452 - 245/35/19

Arches

Rears have been rolled

Camber

5 degrees on the rear