who has the craziest wheels set up on the forum?

Pete87

After reading a thread just now I was wondering who has the craziest wheels set up on the forum in terms of wheel width and offsets.

I'm running 19"x9.5" ET20 Fronts

19"x10.5" ET0 Rears

Is anyone running wider than this is like to try and run 12" on the rears with 10" on the front.

Buster has the craziest IMHO - I think he has 10.5" wide rear with pedal bike tyres stretched across them :lol:

My road setup is 18 x 8.5 front and 19 x 11 rear 15ET no spacer with a 295 tyre

Track setup was (I just sold the wheels) 18 x 9 front ET 15 with a 225 and 18 x 10 ET 10 rear with a 275 tyre

I have new wheels but not sure what I'll do for track this year yet :shrug:

12" will need some work on the arches or some silly camber - I have arch extensions and rolled arches the 11" fit nicely :)

This is my favourite 350 ever

post-16549-0-24275800-1365157537_thumb.jpg

post-16549-0-19175700-1365157723_thumb.jpg

That is a f*cking abortion.

Well, apart from the colour. That's quite nice.

What's wrong with it it's low, nice colour, smooth, simple and mint.

:doh: Nice Zed, but would definitely look better with wheels and tyres that fit. :stir:

+1 Have to be honest I'm with Sam on that - don't like the mad camber and stretch look.

Edited by Keyser

Low? Yes. It'll scrape over every single ripple in the road.

Nice colour? Yes.

Smooth? Not entirely sure what you mean by that, as I can definitely see some edges on the car.

Simple? Yes, I agree that the person who thought those wheels and tyres do anything other than look stupid must've been.

Mint? Nope, definitely not green. Can't quite tell from here whether it tastes fresh when licking it or not. Maybe the windows are though? :shrug:

;)

Sam said it best. It looks ridiculous, never mind that as a car with a basic function to be able to move, it completely fails on that task. At least, without having to plan your route so that you only drive on glass, or are sitting on some bubble wrap so that your teeth aren't shaken to bits.

Keyser has it spot-on with his wheel setup, it does looks and performance in equal measure :)

I've got some very interesting wheels to fit on Caroline's roadster over the weekend ;). I've also got a set to fit on mine that I bought from a forum member, just awaiting some bolts from RareRims.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

Well if we all liked the same things what a boring world we would live in.

Exactly at the end of the day its your car mate. If that's what you like then go for it. However..... do think of the safety side of things. I am all for an aggressive look on the wheels and a very minimal bit of tyre stretch. But the main thing for me is safety. I mean there are plenty of people with bad taste out there..... people paint cars bogey green these days :stir::blush:

Well if we all liked the same things what a boring world we would live in.

Exactly at the end of the day its your car mate. If that's what you like then go for it. However..... do think of the safety side of things. I am all for an aggressive look on the wheels and a very minimal bit of tyre stretch. But the main thing for me is safety.

because-hellaflush-is-so-cool.jpg

Low? Yes. It'll scrape over every single ripple in the road.

Nice colour? Yes.

Smooth? Not entirely sure what you mean by that, as I can definitely see some edges on the car.

Simple? Yes, I agree that the person who thought those wheels and tyres do anything other than look stupid must've been.

Mint? Nope, definitely not green. Can't quite tell from here whether it tastes fresh when licking it or not. Maybe the windows are though? :shrug:

;)

Sam said it best. It looks ridiculous, never mind that as a car with a basic function to be able to move, it completely fails on that task. At least, without having to plan your route so that you only drive on glass, or are sitting on some bubble wrap so that your teeth aren't shaken to bits.

Keyser has it spot-on with his wheel setup, it does looks and performance in equal measure :)

Thanks for calling me simple, what the hell crawled up your arse today?

A stretched tyre may have tried to mount his rim :lol:

I'm not all for this stretched tyre camber stuff, I can't imagine driving around the twisties fast would be do able without smashing something etc

Can't see the point myself maybe if the car was static all the time on display maybe just to look at but not on the road

Answer to original question? Me.

20120913_093904_zps198329e1.jpg

newzed-1.jpg

413597_437282096303916_918862063_o.jpg

Thats a 18x10J ET -43 on the front and 19x11.5 ET -10 on the rear, the arches are around 70mm extended. Before anyone says anything, regardless of the ridiculous wheels its a grip monster but new tyres are rather painful to buy ....... :surrender:

• Like 2

I mean there are plenty of people with bad taste out there..... people paint cars bogey green these days :stir::blush:

:p

At leasts some of us have the balls to pic a vibrant colour and use it better than the "safe" white option :stir:

You nearly snuck that dig in Jay but I caught you AGAIN!!! :lol:

Edited by Keyser

So your the winner so far with 11" rears :)

Really dont understand this look, surely its undriveable and the whole point about buying a decent sports car is to drive it :wacko:

I'm all for improving the looks and personalising but that just look daft!