who has the craziest wheels set up on the forum?

Pete87

Dude, before you even thought about having a 350z...... I was driving a bright MATT ORANGE one....... I just decided to grow up a little when I got my 370z :p;)

is it a shame thing that you still have your sig with a tangerine in it? why not a new one with a snowflake on it. ;)

Dude, before you even thought about having a 350z...... I was driving a bright MATT ORANGE one....... I just decided to grow up a little when I got my 370z :p;)

You got me I can't even say Orange is so yesterday - due to a certain Mini build thread :p

Insults to be resumed when I have a new argument :lol:

Edited by Keyser

:lol: I think you should change the colour of your zed mate! Do something that no one in the uk has done before........... candy apple red

Winter project parts are on order Jay :ninja:

May even have a new colour for Summer season 2014 :thumbs:

So your the winner so far with 11" rears :)

This is my favourite 350 ever

post-16549-0-24275800-1365157537_thumb.jpg

post-16549-0-19175700-1365157723_thumb.jpg

I'm with you Pete, this looks mean, certainly has some presence! I wonder if it has air suspension? Must have. Although I am not sure if I would ever want to create this set up, wouldn't be fun to drive, you would be worrying about every undulation in the road let alone potholes! And regarding air suspension.....how much weight would that add to the car!!

When I first bought mine, I couldn't clear speed bumps at all or even venture into multi-story car parks (the pitch of the ramps between levels were too steep :lol: ). Compromise is the key and its bloody hard to get right, I am always increasing/decreasing the ride height trying to find a happy medium between aesthetic and function. Most stanced car owners only drive routes they know and take 'second everyday runners' out into the real unknown world'.

• Like 1

Ouch, that mint green one looks expensive. I don't wish bad luck on anyone, regardless of what they do to their car, but I doubt he'd have had an issue if he was running sensible wheels and tyres.

*thump*

That's me landing, after I finished jumping to conclusions.

So your the winner so far with 11" rears :)

This is my favourite 350 ever

post-16549-0-24275800-1365157537_thumb.jpg

post-16549-0-19175700-1365157723_thumb.jpg

I'm with you Pete, this looks mean, certainly has some presence! I wonder if it has air suspension? Must have. Although I am not sure if I would ever want to create this set up, wouldn't be fun to drive, you would be worrying about every undulation in the road let alone potholes! And regarding air suspension.....how much weight would that add to the car!!

When I first bought mine, I couldn't clear speed bumps at all or even venture into multi-story car parks (the pitch of the ramps between levels were too steep :lol: ). Compromise is the key and its bloody hard to get right, I am always increasing/decreasing the ride height trying to find a happy medium between aesthetic and function. Most stanced car owners only drive routes they know and take 'second everyday runners' out into the real unknown world'.

He's using coilover I read on the site

• Like 1

Was "so cool" and "so low"...

Until he ran into a bump....

38788116609249015527815.jpg

I'm with Ekona on this one. Anyone who runs a suspension tyre setup like the pic above deserves every broken sump and bashed rim that they get. On a ratty old VW that is obviously styled to look a bit outragous and ratty, a BIT of stretch is acceptable. Anyone who has the rims poking out of the tyres like above, especially on a GT car or sporty car makes me think the following things:

-The owner spent all their money on (often diabolically ugly) rims that dont fit the car so they cant afford the tyres

-The driver must drive everywhere like a granny as their car will obviously drive like a bag of crap and probably rip the tyres off or spin off the road if driven with enthusiasm

-The application of dangerously bad fitting wheels and tyres on a car is probably Darwin's theory of natural selection working its magic on the owner via means of a crash waiting to happen.

It's your car and i respect that you can do what you like with it. Speaking of which, I just acquired the Mona Lisa and was thinking she would look better with a moustache drawn on with a Sharpie. ;):lol:

personally i don t think my current set up is that bad.....8.5j front on 235/35/19 et 20 with 17 mm spacer and 255/35/19rear on 10.5j et 35 with 30mm spacer...car handles and performs well so i am happy.do run with rolled archs and camber correction arms and bolts on lowered suspenion coilover set up.

staying this i have bought some replacment 265/35/19 rear tyres today

Edited by buster
  • Like 1

If you want "mint", there is this guy in the US....

7026241357_dedffa9669_z.jpg

Was "so cool" and "so low"...

You are all going to hate me, but this car is basically responsible for me buying my Z...i love it. it was featured in fast car (a magazine i now realise is trash and stopped buying a LONG time ago) and if it hadnt been i would have more than likely bought an RX7.

Maybe its due to my age or maybe i am just a sucker to trends but i like this style. There is a limit though and that celica definitley went past it!

• Like 1