Supermarket car parks !!!!!!

Munton87

Went to a "every little helps" store Thursday to do abut of shopping and came out to see this had happened to my zed.

I'm guessing that some1 reversed into my car and hit the door square on and dented it aswell as a slight crease on the rear panel!!!!

After coming out and seeing this I looked round and asked people if they had seen or heard anything but Nothing !!!!!

Went storming into the shop and wanted to see the CCTV cameras and they all missed where my car was!!! I asked the security bloke to show me the exit camera to see if I could see any cars with dents but Nothing!!!!

Me being relatively young my insurance excess is £700 so I've decided to try and fix it myself!!!!!

After searching on the Internet I found a breakers quite close to me in Huntingdon who had a mint condition door for £90 but I would have to get it sprayed!!!!

Luckily for my grandad used to work for a local body shop so I've managed to get him to swap the doors and sort out the crease ready for spraying and blending!!!!

Car is in for spraying....

Pics to follow

In a big 4x4 they may barely have noticed they did that. :surrender:

Always park as far away as possible, people are lazy and lazy often equals big, and the bigger they are the wider they open their doors. :boxing:

Or, park next to something posher than your car, then they have more to lose :)

Seriously though, tough break but at least you have some handy connections.

In a big 4x4 they may barely have noticed they did that. :surrender:

Always park as far away as possible, people are lazy and lazy often equals big, and the bigger they are the wider they open their doors. :boxing:

Or, park next to something posher than your car, then they have more to lose :)

Seriously though, tough break but at least you have some handy connections.

But never park far enough away that car thief's feel safe playing with ya car always need that happy medium

SteveD: yer I went to GDUK for my door and they were really helpful and would recommend them.

Others: the amount of exclamation marks in the first post only represents a small fraction of the swear words that were flying out my mouth at the time !!! Lol

The Basic Z parking Rules

1) Never use multi story car parks

2) Never use supermarket parks unless you can park across two bays without getting a ticket

3) Never Parallel park

4) Never park in line unless you can leave a 3m gap (both ends) and can be sure your back before the cars in front and behind are.

5) Never park near a rat bag old car ( in any position)

6) Never let the wife borrow the car to go shopping/ other unless she's totally indoctrinated

7) never park near a shopping trolly return storage bay

Are ther more ???

Sorry to hear that mate; as someone said, it seems to be happening more and more.

- If I take the Zed to a car park I'll park as far away from the store as possible (far enough I should really take my walking boots, lol).

- I will only park at an edge so there can only be one other car to side of me (reduces the chance of being touched by half).

- I will park as close to that edge as possible, be it a curb or a wall, or if its the last bay I will cross the line, all to maximise the distance to the next car.

- If I have to park next to another car I will take a good look at it for clues of its driver. Does it have any baby or young child paraphernalia? They will probably need to open the doors quite wide and be knocking it into the side of mine while they struggle with belts and stuff!

- Is the car a shed? Is it dented already? Does it look like it hasn't been cleaned for ages? Is the inside a mess? All signs the driver doesn't give a monkeys.

- I will try and only park next to a car that has its passenger door at the side of the bay I will be parking in.

- I will try and only park next to a five door car as the doors are much shorter.

I should really buy myself a shed! :)

• Like 1

Bad luck dude, hope you get it fixed ok. Assuming they knew they'd hit your zed, how do these people sleep at night?? :angry:

My zed no longer goes anywhere near supermarket/public carpark now that I have a shed. 4 (admittedly very small) dings in various panels are enough for me ta.

It does live on a road atm, but touch wood it's ok! The street is very quiet and has marked parking bays, one of which is handily big enough for my two cars only :)

Sorry to hear that mate; as someone said, it seems to be happening more and more.

- If I take the Zed to a car park I'll park as far away from the store as possible (far enough I should really take my walking boots, lol).

- I will only park at an edge so there can only be one other car to side of me (reduces the chance of being touched by half).

- I will park as close to that edge as possible, be it a curb or a wall, or if its the last bay I will cross the line, all to maximise the distance to the next car.

- If I have to park next to another car I will take a good look at it for clues of its driver. Does it have any baby or young child paraphernalia? They will probably need to open the doors quite wide and be knocking it into the side of mine while they struggle with belts and stuff!

- Is the car a shed? Is it dented already? Does it look like it hasn't been cleaned for ages? Is the inside a mess? All signs the driver doesn't give a monkeys.

- I will try and only park next to a car that has its passenger door at the side of the bay I will be parking in.

- I will try and only park next to a five door car as the doors are much shorter.

I do all of the above, but I've never done the last one! Going to look for 5 door cars in the future :D

People have said, dont use multistorey, however our asda in weymouth recently had one built, and i ALWAYS go to the roof of it, maximum of 2 cars parked up there, i park all by myself and never seen a car move up there apart from mine :) thanks to the UK laziness of trying to get the closes spot is why this works for me

• 2 weeks later...

Good post, I'm equally paranoid too :lol: . It really does amaze me when I see 40k BMW's and Mercs squeezing into small spaces between two old bangers. Women are the worst offenders, they'll drive around the car park looking for the closest space to the store entrance...I'm usually in the supermarket before them anyway.

Pete