Just woken up to this

JetSet

Made an attempt to move one of The Zeds, managed about 10 feet then gave up. Don't know what I can do, need supplies but its a long walk down to ASDA. Snowing like crazy again here and with little prospect of a thaw in the next few days it's not looking good.

Pete

Made an attempt to move one of The Zeds, managed about 10 feet then gave up. Don't know what I can do, need supplies but its a long walk down to ASDA. Snowing like crazy again here and with little prospect of a thaw in the next few days it's not looking good.

Pete

Get one of those sheep in tbe oven and wait it out Pete :surrender:

Welcome to spring.... That's a whole lot of snow and a whole lot of doner kebab!!

Had cloud and sunshine this morning now it's hacking it down with rain. First thing tomorrow I'm driving to Ashdown park hotel and country club in wych Cross in East Sussex, hopefully the weather will be ok as the Zed needs a good run and snow is the last thing I need :(

Its bad up here too, had to get the train for the first time this winter! (THE HORROR!).... but it was mainly my fault for parking too close to a garage and it slide 2inches of it... so train it was lol. And now its snowin' heavy again...thank god its the weekend and I don't have to go anywhere! Why is it snowing..its coming to the end of MArch soon!!

Pete

Get one of those sheep in tbe oven and wait it out Pete :surrender:

It's all a bit of a mystery, I know all of the local farmers and none of them have any sheep, its all dairy farming.

Pete

That's pretty bad and I'm only 5 miles away. Not quite so bad here and I walked into work... Wouldn't have bothered but I needed to pick up my new laptop

I'm also fortunate that I have a butchers, green grocers and co-op 50 yards away oh and the garage is full of "supplies" :lol:

I wish I could get to you with some supplies :( walk safely if you do walk!

• Like 1

Cheers Fodder,

That 5 miles will include a 350 foot difference in elevation, makes a huge difference. Nothing other than a snowplough or a high ground clearance 4x4 vehicle is going to get down here right now and the council are working flat 24/7 to keep the main roads clear, they are aware of my predicament but I'm most likely right at the bottom of their list. I always knew that one day I'd get cutoff when I bought this house, didn't think it'd take 34 years though :) . I'm quite close to the usually very busy A55 and its eerily quiet tonight, what little traffic there is is going about 10 mph from the sound of it.

I think I may have to get a Taxi in the morning, I can walk or ski to the end of the lane and get picked up there I guess. I love the snow but this is overkill right now :lol:

Pete

From what ChrisS has told me the local young lads take the opportunity to use their quads to get around in these situations and the police turn a a bit of blind eye given they are helping stranded homeowners out - any chance of that around your way?

Hope it is not too long before you and Caroline can get back to normal, but not too promising at the moment from the sounds of it :surrender:

Just stay warm an safe as like me, you are no spring chicken ;):)

• Like 1

Yeah it's not stopped here but it's got a bit of icy rain mixed in.

Our 12 week old lab pup is going mental wanting to go out every half hour as she loves it..... At least we can see he in the garden against the snow, normally she's like a little ninja out there.

Stay safe and hopefully asda hasn't been stripped bare of anything edible!

Weather forecasters are talking about a foot to 18 inches of snow around here. This area doesn't normally get much snow, but when we get a cold airmass sitting over us and the clouds roll in from the South East we can get a right hammering. Wonder how ChrisS is getting on, he lives at a higher altitude and I'm hearing reports that the road that runs past his house (The A5) is closed and this is one of the major roads in North Wales .

Hope you have enough supplies to last out.

That looks like a lot for the area, we are due for a battering later today. It doesnt help with the boat bouncing around like a thing possessed either. And we are tied up in Rosyth. :surrender:

I remember enjoying the sunshine in Cornwall at this time last year with the temperature in the 20s :wacko:

Break out the water wings Mart. :p:lol: Seriously though, take care out there. :)

This is starting to get silly. A view of the A5 from a room Ebized and June might recognise. (A5 is now closed between Llangollen and Chirk)

P3230020_zps6d87758e.jpg

If it lets up I'm going to go for a walk with the camera. I'll also have a silly little competition for this evening. (no prize cos as you all know--- I'm tight)

Any of you that have done the Wales meets in the past, have probably used this road, I think we did in 2011.

Snowy down Surrey/Guildford this morning !

Yey :D & booo as I'm meant to go see a carrera gt this morning :(

Was going to do loads to the Zed this weekend, I am officially bored with this weather now!!! :bang:

Same here, I need to start checking some bits for MOT as well as giving it a decent clean.

But I've started doing music again, so plenty for me to get stuck into :D

- Worth having a couple of back-up hobbies !

Situation critical. Lost power at around 9 last night, I was outside clearing the satellite dish when there was a huge flash. A tree had come down right outside our house on a power cable. A couple of other trees have come down in the night and are resting on our roof. Several other trees have shed huge branches, one in our usual parking space, another would have come down on my bonnet had I not luckily moved the car 5 minutes previously. Several more trees are threatening to come down through sheer weight of snow....we have an unprecedented 22 inches. Nothing can get get down our lane, there are at least 10 trees down which will need to be removed before the snow can be cleared. The situation in the surrounding areas is grim too, thousands without power, roads blocked, etc. It has stopped just snowing but it remains around freezing point and the weather forecast while better means this snow will be on the ground for a while yet.

Pete

Going from bad to worse for you - just hope you make use of those fallen trees to keep warm. :cold:

Really trust your situation has been moved up the list of priorities by the emergency services :scare:

The council depot is just half a mile away but there are whole villages cut off so they'll take priority. One of the problems is that there's a couple of rather steep sections close to the depot and I'm told that the ploughs can't get up these just yet. In effect this means that the lane adjoining ours is only passable with a 4wd. There was an Openreach small van stuck there this morning, completely beached in the middle of the road. Scottish power have promised to return when they get time to clear up the debris outside the house.

BTW, we both slept in the front room last night as we were really concerned about one of the trees coming down. It was quite bent over, but held firm overnight.

Pete