Just woken up to this

JetSet

Hi Chris,

I'm still stuck sadly. Flintshire Highways Authority most unhelpful, I'm on the list but they can't give me any sort of information as to when it'll be cleared. The lane is 200 metres long with 6 or 7 trees down so it's quite a big job really. Add to that both Caroline and myself have picked up some sort of bug with tonsilitus like symptoms then things aren't that great.

Pete

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the kind offer but my step daughter has just delivered some essentials (Cat Food, Bread, Milk and some Choccies) so we're O.K for now. You would have thought our closest neighbours would have noticed the lack of tracks in our lane and popped over offering some help but no they're a pair of miserable buggers. They haven't lived there long so I don't know them but when a lady in an OpenReach van broke down in the middle of the adjoining lane our neighbour apparently came out and gave the driver a load of abuse.

I'll keep you updated.

Caroline has spoken to Flintshire Highways again...Response from them, "you're not worth the bother".

Pete

Edited by JetSet

sorry to hear about your situation Pete :( my Auntie and Uncle live in Loggerheads down a long track like you and apparently there's 4 foot of snow in some places. I don't think they'll be leaving home for a few more days lol. Hope you get some good news soon :thumbs:

S.

Hey I'm sure we could organise a supply drop near by if we need to! I made it up to broughton earlier in the zed without issue.

I have a wedding to go to in Buckley this Monday and the poor couple planned on having a marquee :(

It's trying to snow here in Chester so I can imagine its already snowing where he is :(

I'll be keeping an eye on it. Steph's in, but had to go via Ruthin as Llandegla and A5 to Llangollen are shut. If it get too bad she'll be staying in Handbridge at her mums. (quiet night with the footy for me :lol: )

It's trying to snow here in Chester so I can imagine its already snowing where he is :(

I'll be keeping an eye on it. Steph's in, but had to go via Ruthin as Llandegla and A5 to Llangollen are shut. If it get too bad she'll be staying in Handbridge at her mums. (quiet night with the footy for me :lol: )

Yeah it's coming down heavy but only sticking slightly. I've had to some into the office for a face to face.... I can find Stephs car and bury it in snow if it helps your evening :lol:

Progress....after I had a chat on the phone with our local county councillor the trees that had fallen across our lane were cut down just before darkness fell last night. Road is still blocked with snow though. We've also had a fresh covering of snow this morning but we've got blue skies right now.

Pete

Update. Unbelievable, you couldn't make this up. They came down with a digger and cleared up to the end of our garden, leaving about 30 metres of uncleared snow on the lane (which they own). After yet another phone call they came down and cleared the remainder so we can get out now (I hope).

Pete

• Like 1

Yeah, fully stocked up now. Had an apology from the head of Flintshire Highways no less. Still a lot of things to do. Several trees need clearing by the council and I'll get round to shifting/cutting the ones on my property soon. Still a pretty dangerous amount of snow on my flat roof although at least its slowly thawing.

Cheers,

Pete

• Like 1

Good to hear things are looking a little brighter for you. :thumbs:

Suppose one positive to come out of this for you Pete -you'll have plenty of logs/firewood for next winter...........or even this one that is never-ending!

• Like 1