Time to say hello

Well I thought its about time I said hello and introduced myself. I've owned my '04 350Z for a year now and have been kicking around on the forum in that time for the useful info and the use of some of the traders too

Coming from a high spec Mitsubishi Evo5 the Zed had a quite a bit to live up to but Ive always liked them and after 6 years with my Mitsi it was the right time for a change and for something less "focused"

I bought the car totally standard, in great condition and with only 43000 on the clock and after 2 months booked myself on to a Snetterton trackday then off to the Dordogne for a weeks holiday..........as you do! And I must say it was a superb and comfortable mile muncher and not a bad performer on track either but left plenty of room for improvement so over the last 12 months and with another 3 trackdays under its belt I've made a few tweeks to get it more to where I want it

Bits I've changed:

Performance Friction floating discs

Pagid RS29 Pads

Goodridge hoses

Bilstein B6 shocks keeping stock springs

Eibach anti roll bars

Super pro bushes

CC Clutch and lightened flywheel

H-dev plenum spacer

K&N panel filter

Berk decats

Motordyne XYZ with resonator pipe

Mocal 16row oil cooler with DIY ducting

Carbonetic carbon LSD

Just need the uprev done to compliment all of the above and its pretty much where I want it as a much improved track car while retaining its road manners.........

I'm booked on for Silverstone March 26th trackday to have my first proper go with the new diff so cant wait for that, then just waiting and very much looking forward to my 'Ring trip in June to see how close I can get to my 8m04sec best lap from my Evo.........not very I suspect.........but I'll be trying my best and having a great time doing so!

Hope I've not gone on too much. Cheers and hello to all, Martin

Few pics:

IMAG0035.jpg

DSCF2421.jpg

DSCF2429.jpg

DSCF2775.jpg

DSCF2751.jpg

cb465aaa-a89d-47b7-815e-5894931864d5.jpg

DSCF2433.jpg

90927ff1-f302-494b-80a1-4ba3aebc806a.jpg

aa1d7804-17e5-47f6-b422-76b49c84012d.jpg

b3a75057-482e-497d-bce3-35396959198f.jpg

Edited by 350Butcher
  • Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome folks

Wizurd: You should get out to the 'ring, its better than anyone can tell you and they all tell you its great. Book up with Destination Nurburgring or Circuit-days tour as its an open pit lane proper trackday setup, no buses, bikes etc and full circuit not bridge - gantry as the tourist days are.

WackyWill: That is a fast time indeed! Was that BTG or full lap? Booked on with the above mentioned I've been flat out in my 400bhp Evo and all manor of machinery was flying past like I was standing still on the faster sections, Carrera GT, SLR Mclaren, Porsche GT2's, Lambo superleggera etc to name a few, it was an eye opener and a lesson for sure so I did the next best thing and got the window down and just enjoyed the sound tracks..............role on June!!

Thanks for the warm welcome folks

Wizurd: You should get out to the 'ring, its better than anyone can tell you and they all tell you its great. Book up with Destination Nurburgring or Circuit-days tour as its an open pit lane proper trackday setup, no buses, bikes etc and full circuit not bridge - gantry as the tourist days are.

WackyWill: That is a fast time indeed! Was that BTG or full lap? Booked on with the above mentioned I've been flat out in my 400bhp Evo and all manor of machinery was flying past like I was standing still on the faster sections, Carrera GT, SLR Mclaren, Porsche GT2's, Lambo superleggera etc to name a few, it was an eye opener and a lesson for sure so I did the next best thing and got the window down and just enjoyed the sound tracks..............role on June!!

cheers butcher. I'll have a look at them and let you know. cant wait.

:welcome: to the forum. It looks like you've been spending a bit of cash on some well chosen mods. I hope your enjoying your Zed more than your other motor (sorry i can't bring myself to name it lol) from your photos it looks really tidy. I hope you enjoy many miles of driving it.

Thanks again for the positive comments

Wizurd/Ollierx: Get it booked up! Would be great to see a few zeds going round. I think the Zed will be very good there especially the longer gearing suiting it as in the Evo virtually the whole lap was in 4th/5th and at 150mph@7000rpm in 5th it was screaming its nuts off the whole time

Jetset (Pete): Thats a handy BTG time and gives me a good reference as he certainly knows his was round the place, think he'd be lot faster too with better rubber as they sounded tortured at every inch of the way

Samsness: Cheers, I like to do as much homework as poss to make sure I get the right bits but the right bits do have a habit of being bloomin expensive. I do enjoy the Zed alot and wanted to get something that was as opposite as could be from the Evo so I couldn't compare them in any way. I'm pretty convinced from A to B the Evo will be the fasted car I'll have ever owned but it did lots of other things badly and there things the Zed does very well so overall the Zed ticks lots of boxes over a greater area of use so I'm a big fan

Martin

Sadly I don't think the ring will happen this year. My new job means I've only a certain window for holidays and at the minute all I could get was September, and all the track time then is poor.

I really really want to go tho, and never come back! Lol