Major JAAAAG project ...Update Feb 2018

leonk

looking good, glad you're still going and hadn't given up. look forward to seeing the finished job

Believe me, I came close to throwing the towel in a couple of times, haha!

All confirmed now, they are collecting the shell on 14th June, so really excited.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After much consideration I've decided to wrap the car rather than paint it. Overall I'm quite pleased with the result. Doesn't look too bad actually with only a few minor imperfections and a lot lot cheaper.....

DSC_1571_zpsrcmperbq.jpg

I just need to get a few of the air bubbles out now.

• Like 6

:lol:

Looks great, what did you use? Looks way better than that 3M crap :stir:

Thinking of taking it up professionally, can't understand where these wrapping companies get their prices from and I bet they don't do the underside as well! 2 rolls of pallet wrap at £8.00 each and 40 minutes labour, job done.

The shell goes for paint next week and given that for the last 3 years I've done everything possible to keep even a hint of moisture away from it I had visions of it lashing down (what here in sunny Blighty???) so decided to wrap it in industrial cling film for its journey from the garage to the covered transporter. Not paranoid at all, haha.

:lol:

Looks great, what did you use? Looks way better than that 3M crap :stir:

Thinking of taking it up professionally, can't understand where these wrapping companies get their prices from and I bet they don't do the underside as well! 2 rolls of pallet wrap at £8.00 each and 40 minutes labour, job done.

The shell goes for paint next week and given that for the last 3 years I've done everything possible to keep even a hint of moisture away from it I had visions of it lashing down (what here in sunny Blighty???) so decided to wrap it in industrial cling film for its journey from the garage to the covered transporter. Not paranoid at all, haha.

...but what if it gets condensation on the inside and it traps the moisture in? :lol:

Looks great mate. :thumbs:

• Like 1

....but what if it gets condensation on the inside and it traps the moisture in? :lol

Already thought of that Chris, so got the garage down to 30% humidity and put a load of those moisture absorbing silica bags inside..... OK I admit, I need counselling.

Edited by leonk
  • Like 2

DSC_1577_zpssfz6hvcw.jpg

Shell now safely unloaded at the bodyshop. Really looking forward to getting it back in 6 weeks and parts can then actually start going back on it. In the meantime it will give me chance to give the garage a major clean. I can't believe how much mess and dust there is. Thanks again for all the kind comments and for following.

Edited by leonk
  • Like 5

Leon my man welcome back :lol:

Absolutely awesome mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

Loving it - I think you may even over take my Mini project ( I have done like 5 other projects in between but still good to see you are still at it :thumbs: )

Keep us updated please :)

• Like 1