Major JAAAAG project ...Update Feb 2018

leonk

Looking good Leon, need some pics of the garage see if I have some serious competition :lol:

Work in progress mate, and all a bit clandestine. You try justifying plastering and painting the garage when the house still isn't finished. She leaves for work 08.15 Friday morning, 60 minute makeover plasterers arrive 08.25 expecting to be in the Pub 2 hrs later while I spend the rest of the day cleaning up!

DSC_1630_zpscsoak2wf.jpg

And a little home now for the roll cab...

DSC_1613_zps0vg9vmic.jpg

Edited by leonk
  • Like 2

:lol:

Nice one Leon, I had to build the better half a new kitchen and utility room and give up my man cave, but I couldn't really hide the new garage in the back garden she would have noticed when she came home :lol:

Looks good though I'm sure it will be spot on for the rebuild :)

• Like 1

Nice one Leon..... but I couldn't really hide the new garage in the back garden she would have noticed when she came home :lol:

Now that's another story! I sent her on holiday for three weeks and built a 3 car garage while she was away. She knew I was building a garage, but I was a bit vague about dimensions, haha. Footings dug and in, double skin block and brick built and roof timber on felted and battened all in three weeks!! Suffice to say she did notice.

She didn't speak to me for a month, and at the height of hostilities went to attack it with a sledge hammer! I kid you not and she's only tiny.

• Like 3

Still not much to report, I've been busy with work The bodyshop have had to divert their attention to a racing 911rs that the owner has pranged and needs it back for the Silverstone Classic. To be honest it's done me a favour as I'm still trying to get the garage tidied up. In the meantime another pic for Chris and Doogy.I've made a mobile work station out of bits of steel left over and a surplus bit of beechwood worktop. The drawers are out of a damaged toolbox on E bay and £4 for a couple of decals. Back down at the bodyshop on Monday so hopefully a few more pics.

DSC_1670_zpsarqhtc8z.jpg

Edited by leonk
  • Like 4

My tool box is still standing upright I will have you know :lol:

I tried to find the build thread but couldn't. Bump it and post a pic! :lol:

@ Keyser, did Michael Angelo or Leonardo da Vinci stop, take pics and post them on a forum while they were creating masterpieces? No they didn't :lol:

Thanks for the praise though, recognition from a fellow fabricator.

Edited by leonk
  • Like 2

My tool box is still standing upright I will have you know :lol:

I tried to find the build thread but couldn't. Bump it and post a pic! :lol:

@ Keyser, did Michael Angelo or Leonardo da Vinci stop, take pics and post them on a forum while they were creating masterpieces? No they didn't :lol:

Thanks for the praise though, recognition from a fellow fabricator.

That put a smile on my face, wish I had thought of that when I forgot to take pics :lol::blush::thumbs:

• Like 2

A couple of pics from my visit to the bodyshop today. It's really taking shape now. They still have a few more days on it, then it will be stripped back down and put back on the rotisserie for the underside. DSC_1672_zps4x5kq0ki.jpg

DSC_1675_zps1lab58ne.jpg

DSC_1674_zpspvnu1tz1.jpg

And 50 shades of grey :lol:

Decisions, decisions. The problem is they all look different in natural and artificial light.

DSC_1679_zpsyy9fb43s.jpg

Edited by leonk

Nice it's going to look lovely.

Ref the colours I think the toolbox is fine as is you don't need to repaint it ;)

:lol: The sad thing is, the toolbox is just grey epoxy primer, and I was actually thinking of painting it gunmetal but managed to restrain myself.

• Like 1

Nice it's going to look lovely.

Ref the colours I think the toolbox is fine as is you don't need to repaint it ;)

:lol: The sad thing is, the toolbox is just grey epoxy primer, and I was actually thinking of painting it gunmetal but managed to restrain myself.

Let me see he -

Builds new garage

Buys E-Type Jag

Completely strips said Jag

Builds own sand blast chamber

Builds special stands for Jag and associated parts

Sends Jag for A1 paint job whilst wrapped in cling film

Rebuilds garage interior and lines it all.

and then says and I quote "but managed to restrain myself"

Well that's a first then :p:lol:

Keep up the good work mate :thumbs:

• Like 3

A few more pics from today's visit. Stone chip protection now on and body tub sealed and re primed ready for the final flat down before final colour.

DSC_1692_zpsnopadp4d.jpg

DSC_1694_zpsjn5o8wpp.jpg

DSC_1704_zpsnt6eogr5.jpg

And this little beauty was outside...

DSC_1683_zpsbremdovv.jpg

Edited by leonk