User Names

FUG

Well a niggling curiosity of mine (don't think this has been covered before) is to find out the reasoning behind our chosen usernames on the 350z forum. Now some may be more obvious than others, some simply are named after private plates on the zed, going to meets with other forum members may explain to one another as to username originations etc etc however please do all share and enlighten one another...

Mine for instance is a rather long winded story, it was my nick name back in my school days. It was my dad who was first called 'fug' after being a bit rebellious at school and his teacher calling him a 'thug' in front of his class mates, it was a nick name that then stuck with him to the point where he forgot his own name and his first tattoo on his forearm read 'fug' , mispelt due to the fact being a rebellious delinquent at school meant he wasn’t the brightest spark!!

Subsequent to this and having me as his son by which point he had grown up and the nick name wore off , there were an awful lot of Daniels at my primary school (Daniel being my real name) On the school football team during Year 5 in particular there were three Daniels including myself. My best mate at the time, knowing that my dad used to be called 'fug' then tagged me as 'fug' during our football matches to distinguish amongst the other Dan’s. The nick name then stuck and was used outside the football pitch in general social life as well. Since going to uni and now in full time employment I am pleased to say the nick name has finally worn off, however on the other hand during the time it was used it did make me feel slightly unique and special ahhhh (to some extent…)

Anyway that’s the story behind my user name. Generally find it’s not a well used/common word so is good for user names, forums etc

Edited by FUG

Mine was my gym nickname (flex) after me and a friend saw a famous American bodybuilder on tour once (Flex Wheeler), that was extended to flexiballs by the gym owner and I just use it for all gaming and usernames but abbreviated to flexib :)

Quite sad but there you go.

Edited by flexib

And I just think of Pug everytime I see your username.

I did have a pug 206 before the zed!

Quite a change then!

Just a bit!!

1.4 L 68bhp...

....to 3.5L 276bhp ?!

:drive1:

Edited by FUG

What is all this nonsense about reposts.

I and many more are new members who haven't seen these before. And I for one ain't got the time to search or read through every post on the forum since its dawn.

Like someone already said there are thousands of members so who actually cares if someone reposts a topic or video link that's been posted before?

• Like 5