Six Nations 2013

glrnet

• 3 weeks later...

Off to Cardiff tomorrow morning for a weekend of mayhem with 29 other reprobates to "sp*nk the club subs". We wound up our club affairs this year and decided the only honourable thing we could do was go out in the manner that we have been accustomed to. Could be quite a messy affair :surrender:.

Off to Cardiff tomorrow morning for a weekend of mayhem with 29 other reprobates to "sp*nk the club subs". We wound up our club affairs this year and decided the only honourable thing we could do was go out in the manner that we have been accustomed to. Could be quite a messy affair :surrender:.

I'm in Cardiff Saturday/Sunday for the game. If I see a smurf I'll run :p

I was at the Scotland v Wales match last Saturday, both teams were abysmal, what I'd say though is watch out for the Welsh delaying for a split second in the scrum to make the opposition look like they are engaging early, killed the game last week and the ref was completely conned.

In saying that, I watched England v Italy on Sunday, I know there was one eye on the Welsh game, but England will have to pick it up a level or seven! Very close to call, but I'd say Wales might not have enough to win by the required points to win the championship (eight IIRC), if they win at all.

Anyway a great days rugby to look forward to and I'll be rooting for Italy to beat Ireland to record their first 6 nations double win.

As for Scotland, well this will be the day that the dastardly French will become World Cup contenders most probably, bring on the Lions tour :yahoo:

Aye, I was at Twickenham last week, spent most of the game shouting at Toby Flood, I nearly ran down the touchline to see if theyd consider playing me instead. Shocking performance - missed touch from penalties twice, played a couple of 6 yard box kicks straight over the scrum, slowed the ball down when it needed speeding up and vice versa, 100% of his positional kicking was going straight into Italian arms.

If we play like that tomorrow Im calling on my Irish roots and calling myself Paddy O'Docwra from now on, so I am.

I'm off to the match in Cardiff as well! Haven't figured out how I'm getting back yet (the Zs in the garage)... we've booked the 02:45 national express coach to London getting home about 07:30am just in case we need a backup plan... currently a taxi is looking like the best bet. :(

The Welsh really proved what they can do with the quality players they have at the moment. England lost all confidence when Farrell missed a few opportunities and they went downhill from there. Great achievement for Shaun Edwards too. 320hrs play without conceding a try. Fantastic game to watch though!

Just got home :surrender:

We were well and truly done by the better team and hopefully a lesson learnt. If you don't have destructive No 7 then you have no hope against a really physical side. Well done Wales. Despite the result I had an absolutely awesome weekend with 29 very dear friends :yahoo: :yahoo:

Yes, fairly predictable but The BBC Wales news which lasts for 30 minutes was 20 minutes of gloating with numerous mentions in other parts of the program, like even the weather forecast. I'm pretty sure that if the entire population of (non rugby playing) North Wales had been wiped out in a Nuclear accident or invaded by aliens it wouldn't have got more than a passing mention today :) .

Pete

Tend to agree that it all gets a bit xenophobic sometimes, we were sitting behind a complete and utter ***** who took great delight in baiting us, it seemed the more we ignored him the worse he got, eventually a Welsh guy behind us told him to stop behaving like a football supporter and he was a disgrace to his country. We then had to restrain the guy in front who then wanted to take on his fellow Welshmen :surrender:Security had a word and he left :teeth: