Six Nations 2013

glrnet

What I find when listening to the main (English) news is that we hear how well England has done (or not - as the case may be - good or bad) against (insert country) ad-finitum and then eventually followed up by "...and in other news Wales (won or lost) (enter score) ....end of !!!!!!

Are we not part of GB ? and shouldn't we be hearing about all 4 Nations triumphs (or defeats) - its extremely biased !!!

so to end my rant - i'll just post a little piccie as a reminder

wales_zpse30895bc.jpg

• Like 1

Tend to agree that it all gets a bit xenophobic sometimes, we were sitting behind a complete and utter ***** who took great delight in baiting us, it seemed the more we ignored him the worse he got, eventually a Welsh guy behind us told him to stop behaving like a football supporter and he was a disgrace to his country. We then had to restrain the guy in front who then wanted to take on his fellow Welshmen :surrender:Security had a word and he left :teeth:

We had a similar thing a few years ago at London Welsh. I'd taken 4 friends with me, 2 English, 1 Scottish and an Irish lass... I didn't realise they'd be the only 4 non-Welsh people in a 2000 people marque! Some welsh guy was being a **** for the first 20 minutes of the game (and 20 minutes before it started) until about 50 Welsh guys all started shouting at him... they all told him that he should buy us drinks for the rest of the day, which to be fair to the guy he did. Well until the last round of the day when we got him one back.

For most Welsh people, rugby is a huge part of the Welsh national identity, just like the giants foot prints making the valleys. There aren't many more passionate fans around for any sport even if we don't show our feelings about it that often.

its a shame when people are like that. banter is all well and good and it can be quite close to the bone sometimes which is fine. But other times too much.

was in Bath a few years ago just me and the gf watching England vs Wales in a pub. There was a large group of English supporters there. All was fine but must have heard the misses accent when she went to the bar the one time and then it was all the usual 'you shag sheep' and all that. Normally I wouldn't mind and we could have a laugh about it with them but they were going out of their way to be a bunch of pricks about it I assume thinking we wouldn't say anything back. this was until they'd finished one of their rounds of 'swing low' when they got back the internationally accepted 'you can stick your @#&*FD# chariots up your arse' from me and the gf. amazingly they shut the hell up after that lol.

had some amazing banter in the past with other teams supporters its just sometimes people can be utter twats.

O and I mean that about any supporters not just English ones lol seen some crappy behaviour from some Welsh fans in the past as well.

Edited by wizurd

Yes, well beaten, not a good day to be an Englishman living in Wales :surrender:

Pete

But a good day to be a Welshman living in England

A good day to be a Welshman. Period.

@Wizurd. Good point about the banter, some rugby fans will regard referee Steve Walsh as a bit of a self centred over pedantic referee. During the first 15 minutes or so of the game on Saturday he was into his usual "picky this how we set the scrum boys", don't forget he's talking to six international players including two British Lions, after the second or third scum some Welsh wag behind us shouted "It's not all about you Steve" which reduced a large portion of fans from both countries to fits of laughter. Brilliant.

• Like 1

@glrnet

lol that sounds brilliant. he's not got the best track record. its shocking when you read back through his history.

I do find rugby crowds to generally be excellent fun though. The banter can be just as much fun as the game itself sometimes.

@glrnet

lol that sounds brilliant. he's not got the best track record. its shocking when you read back through his history.

I do find rugby crowds to generally be excellent fun though. The banter can be just as much fun as the game itself sometimes.

+1