Newbie considering a 350Z - EDIT - now bought one!

Hi there, currently driving a Mk 5 Golf Gti which has been great, but will start commuting by train again next month so want something slightly more exciting to drive at the weekends. Annual mileage will be about 3/4k so mpg isn't an issue.

I'll will have a budget of about £8k, so will be looking at UK Coupes pre 06 to avoid the tax hike. Also considering a 3.0 Z4, Boxster S or maybe a s2000. Interent stories of engine rebuilds are putting me off the boxster and the other 2 are not quite as appealing as the 350Z.

I did have an 06 Roadster for a weekend back in 2006 when Nissan were offering extended test drives and I did enjoy the drive.

Previous to the Golf I have had a few Civic Type R's and a Lotus Exige. I've joined the forum to read up on all the potential issues to look out for in my search! Also need to look over photos to decide what colour I want, think gunmetal or blue is winning at the moment!

Dave

Edited by zabba

Welcome!

£8k would get a very good early 350z if you want to avoid the tax hike - although from your previous cars i'd seriously consider the S2000 as well, as you already have a taste for VTEC!

PS Gunmetal FTW!

Thanks, yes I need a good test drive in an s2000 to see whether I gel with it, have driven one on track before but found the engine frustrating (and I am used to vtec). I think the Golf has given me a taste for torque, which the 350Z doesn't seem to lack!

Best to try them all back to back, all 3 are good cars but all very different. I could hardly get in an S2000 but then I am 6'4" never driver a Boxster but I would imagine it is a very very nice drive...

Until you see an Azure in the flesh don't make a decision on colour :wink:

Fortunately (or not) I am a relative short a*se so can fit into most cars! Might try and make it to a meet before hand to see peoples cars in the flesh, I live in Hampshire/Surrey area, and seems a few owners around.