Newbie considering a 350Z - EDIT - now bought one!

Well as an update I sold my Mk 5 Gti today after having ot for sale for 3 weeks. This means I can officially start looking for a Zed :teeth:

I've got money burning a hole in my pocket for a pre 06 coupe, must have full service history and no accident history. Ideally Black or Azure blue but might consider any colour if the history/price are right!

Welcome mate, I hung on for a good while before finding the right car, dont worry about the VED hike, spread over 12 months its hardly a difference, latest model you can afford will give you the latest specs so its worth considering. Azure is a nice colour reminds me of my winning blue MX5.

I was also deciding out of a s2000 which was my first choice or the 350z

then i test drove both and the s2000 felt pretty gutless compared to the 350

350 is a much better place to be i think! feels more special and has torque compared to the vtec and i came from a dc2 integra

• 1 month later...

I've just picked up a 2004 Azure blue 350Z GT with Rays, it is in great condition overall for the age.

On the trip back I took it down one of my favourite B-roads and was a bit disappointed, it did not feel as responsive and chuckable as previous cars due to the weight. When I got home I discovered I couldn't get it onto my driveway without grounding the mid section of the exhaust (it's not even lowered!) things were not looking good.....

But I've now found I can get one and off the drive if I go in at an angle. I then took it out for another drive and realised why I bought it, I have to remember its not an out and out sports car and more of a GT car. Loving the sound especially!

I've already ordered a Stubby, new number plates (the current ones are a bit tired), a new tax disc holder and some retro fit Bosch flat wiper blades.

I don't plan to do much to it as I am a less is more guy. I am considering some spacers for the wheels and then a geo setup to ensure it's all alligned, then possibly some Berk hi flow cats.