Grime Threshhold / Tolerance

ianphampton

How high / low is your grime threshhold on your Zed?

The weather recently with it's rain / drizzle / spray conditions have resulted in my girl getting grubbier and grubbier, but opportunities for washing her have been few (family demands over Christmas) and then there's the feeling that "There's not much point as she'll only get filthy again as soon as I take her out next time"

After a while it gets so you have to avoid contact (like in the supermarket carpark) or your clothes get dirty, too.

Eventually, it gets to the point (like this weekend) where I was in my scruffy jeans (not the clean going-to-the-pub jeans, but the grotty ones you keep for those clean-out-the-drains jobs) and I brushed past her in the B&Q carpark and got grey smears all down one hip . . .

Now I know I'm not alone on this forum in the . . . .walk away from her, and look back when you're at the end of the row in the carpark - to look at her . . . . just because she's beautiful.

Only, of late, it's been - look back and see her, cringing there, hunched, as she's ashamed she's so dirty, so you run away so nobody sees you next to her -

So, tonight, couldn't face her any longer, so got out the bucket and hose - even though it was dark. It wasn't cold, (about 7 or 8°C) and I've definitely washed her in colder weather than this - but it was pretty dark, even with the halogen light ablaze.

I feel better, and can now hold my head up - and I sense that she feels better, too . . . .

NightCarwash.jpg

Felt exactly the same as rosie has been looking filthy for a while, same arguments as you - no time and she will be filthy again withthe local roads. couldnt face it anymore and gave her a once over yesterday, even ended up under neath shining the exhaust.

I know what you mean about looking back in the car park lol.

Your car looks great, the colour looks fantastic when the sun hits it

Glad to see you have a matching bucket :) :wink:

Of course - doesn't everyone?

And my carwash mitt is orange, too!

(And then there's the orange egg cup for my boiled egg and soldiers, and the orange screwdriver set, and walking round Ludlow market a guy had some orange Duct Tape so bought some of that, too - God! I must get out more!)

Edited by ianphampton

I wash my car (whatever it is) pretty much every weekend, it's quick to do now that I've used some 'powerlock' sealant on it a couple of months ago after machine polishing it. So for me, a bit of pre-wash sprayed on, pressure wash it off, then some bilt hamber auto wash, literally 10-15mins now and it looks nice (for about 4 seconds).

Sunset orange is a very forgiving colour when it comes to grime.

Even so, I get grumpy if it looks grubby.

If very busy, I'll at least do the rims and tailpipes every couple weeks.

Last week i washed mine at night too at about 9pm when the little'uns were asleep.

Security light on and a portable halogen to light up other side of the car.

Lit up the street,

NEIGHBOURS THOUGHT A UFO HAD LANDED!

I've gave mine the odd wash during bad weather even if its gonna get dirty the next day, just to keep on top of the crap from the road. And also (this time!) keeping those wheels clean outside and IN...which I didn't on the coupe and it started to rot away lol