Newbie from Soton wanting a 350z! :)

Hello,

Im Dimitry from Southampton, 22 years old technician.

Having huge interest for cars I've already owned many of the most popular sports cars (rx8,s14a,BMW 328,alfa V6,civic's VTi etc)

Currently i own a classic 1992 imported Toyota MR2 GTS turbo pushing arround 280++bhp, doing 0-60 in less than 5.5sec, but I think i finally grew up to get one of my all time most wanted -350z!

Im planning to sell my mr2 for arround £2700, and buy a 350z from anything up to MAX £6000.. Im 100% sure it has to be manual and coupe. As I've read GT pack is a good choice, and i really fancy a black+orange interior or orange car with any interior.

What kind of advice would you guys give me ?? Its quite a hard choice since I've been looking at Impreza WRX, mazda 6 MPS, BMW z4 3.0 , Alfa 156 GTA and others , but 350z looks soo special , and its not a car you see daily, and as i know the engine tone is quite addicting :)

Hows the reliability on them? I tend to drive quite fast, but i always look after my cars and try to work on them myself too. (is it hard to work on ?)

Its a stupid question ofcourse, but whats the MPG like? 20mpg in the city is the perfect number for me, cause when i had the RX8 it wasnt fast at all, and I only got 14-16mpg no matter how i drove, was very dissapointed.

How about the comfort? is the original sound system good? are the seats nice and comfy?What does it have behind the seats? (never understood why it never had rear seats, no matter how small, but still there :D)

Hope to join the gang soon!

Dimitry

Hello and :welcome:

All of your questions can be answered on here, just use the search and FAQ's. You won't be the first to ask the questions, and certainly won't be the last!

Good luck with the search :thumbs:

Hows the reliability on them? I tend to drive quite fast, but i always look after my cars and try to work on them myself too. (is it hard to work on ?)

Its a stupid question ofcourse, but whats the MPG like? 20mpg in the city is the perfect number for me, cause when i had the RX8 it wasnt fast at all, and I only got 14-16mpg no matter how i drove, was very dissapointed.

How about the comfort? is the original sound system good? are the seats nice and comfy?What does it have behind the seats? (never understood why it never had rear seats, no matter how small, but still there :D)

Dimitry

Welcome to the forum :) .

Briefly here are some of the answers, reliability is very good, as with every car there a few weak spots but a well looked after Zed should have few problems. Mine's never needed any work other than a new battery and a few services.

MPG in city should be better than a Mazda, around 20mpg is typical.

Comfort is excellent, one of the only cars I've owned that doesn't do my back in. Several here are in the 6'3 to 6'7" range and report no real problems. Sound system is average, Bose CD skips when cold and many replace the head unit at some stage. Behind the rear seats there are a couple of fairly decent lockable cubby holes and a couple of smaller storage areas. One of these will be taken up by the CD/DVD if there's a factory fitted SatNav. There's no room for any small seats behind the driver as there's an interior strut bar in the way. However, at least one person has converted a Zed to a 4 seater but the result was not pretty.

Pete

Awww... just wrote a very long message.. and only at the end noticed that I've pressed report thinking its Reply :D instead of Quote.. Im very sorry for that, hope the moderators will forgive me this time :):stir:

My original message was:

Thank you for the warm welcome!!!

Im sure its done for performance in mind, but i owned a CRX (old iVT model which is rare as dinosaur now days :) and looking at audi tt which is not huge.. and they have the so called seats which do transport people in worst situations, and you dont have to do the journey twice :)))

Is the original BOSE sound system worth the hassle? RX8 had bose and i can say the sound was amazing, perfectly balanced,obviously with the CD changer problems :)

Really looking forward to drive this toy , to see if i like it, cause i driven a few very desirable cars - civic type r and renault megane F1 edition and both left me very dissapointed (this was a year ago, when i wanted a performance hatch :D ended up getting a 200sx, which did not tick all of the boxes after ive driven it for a few weeks...)

Is there a meet in Southampton that I would be able to attend? would really like to see the cars in flesh :)

Awww... just wrote a very long message.. and only at the end noticed that I've pressed report thinking its Reply :D instead of Quote.. Im very sorry for that, hope the moderators will forgive me this time :):stir:

Sorted :)

Are the seats nice and comfy?What does it have behind the seats? (never understood why it never had rear seats, no matter how small, but still there :D)

Roofline behind the seating would make it impossible for back seats. :wink: Welcome to the forum.

Are the seats nice and comfy?What does it have behind the seats? (never understood why it never had rear seats, no matter how small, but still there :D)

Roofline behind the seating would make it impossible for back seats. :wink: Welcome to the forum.

yeh but looking at TT and CRX there TINY compared to the Z :) I only sat in a Z once for a minute in silverlake (crashed car auction).... the interior itself is very original, door trim isint what you see daily :)))

almost 99% sure I want the Z, tho need to sort out a small amount of finance, thinking that if they let me, can go even to 7k... but quite sure i want a GT (made too many mistakes when i bought the car and it wasn't top spec, and i regretted it :) (and cruise control will save some money on the motorway :) )