Scream if you want to go faster!

evilscorp

Getting serious now :evil:

IMAG01601_zps38f3246c.jpg

Finally able to listen to more stations than radio 1, also not sure where I put my chrome shiii,ty aerial when it came off for cleaning.

Probably the first mod people do but one of the last for me........... well maybe not last. ;)

Holy crap dude. . . I think you have just got Zeditus :lol:

• Like 1

This has kept me entertained for the last hour or so. :D

Just re-reading everything for research. I have concluded I will never fit a supercharger myself. :lol: Very satisfying I'll bet but what a PITA at times. :dry:

The whole reason I did this thread was to encourage people to do stuff them selves. The only thing over the entire build that worried me was the fuel leak, I am not the first to have one and wont be the last but if you have a bit of common sense you can tackle any job on these cars. There are that many good (better than this jibberish) write up's on vortech installs you will find a way to over come any problem you encounter.

If you can work somewhere dry/warmish and dont rush you will really enjoy installing the parts yourself. My only regret is not having any mates close by that are mechanically/car minded as a beer after work and working on cars is my ideal of heaven..... think I am just describing the end scenes from fast and furious films :lol: or the zshed.

Not worth the aggro imo. Need my car as a daily driver for work so can't afford for it to be off the road for too long whilst having a charger fitted etc.

Plus if it all goes t*ts up I'd rather have a trusted mechanic to take it back to rather than myself. :D

Kudos for doing it yourself though. I'm pretty good with mechanics (used to be a classic car restorer) but nowadays I'd rather leave the tougher jobs to someone else.

Guess I'm just f**king lazy now. :lol:

At least you are honest, don't think I would do any of the mods without a daily driver on standby. Think Chubby Ninja got caught out a few times and had to do all nighters to have the car ready for his commute.

The headers are DC sports, same as the exhaust. There was a small lol (2ppl) group buy the other week, had been looking at them a while but forgot how expensive they were so any money off was a bonus.

Got a trip to canada later on so plan on picking the expensive parts up then or in the case of the above bodykit save a small fortune and have it shipped over.

Getting stuck without a car - this is the biggest hazard for me too (64miles a day commute). I don't mind hard projects on their own, but it's hard projects with a short or fixed timescale (ie Monday morning) that puts the pressure and panic on things. Shedding may be the way forward.

The headers are DC sports, same as the exhaust. There was a small lol (2ppl) group buy the other week, had been looking at them a while but forgot how expensive they were so any money off was a bonus.

Got a trip to canada later on so plan on picking the expensive parts up then or in the case of the above bodykit save a small fortune and have it shipped over.

Think they're the manifolds I'll end up with if I get that far.

I'd plan on having them fitted at the same time as a new clutch/flywheel just because I've heard it's easier that way & cheaper too if you're paying someone else to do it. :D

Good luck in Canada ~ maybe pay doogy a visit. :teeth:;)

I'm in Toronto 2-3 times a year and will me moving there in a couple years time. Where are you getting the parts from when you're there? I might pick some stuff up myself.

• 2 months later...

That looks epic! Definitely think you need supporting mods to pull the look of the canards off, looks like a proper track weapon with the bonnet and splitter. You've got it spot on! B)

Edited by pjf1985
  • Like 1

Test fitting of the new canards and GT lip from Tarmac.

IMAG02121_zps69577c5e.jpgIMAG02381_zps21613d33.jpg

Low down close together or large gap?

IMAG02371_zps86f5ddf3.jpg

+ 1 Prefer the larger gap. They tie in really nicely with the lip that you have fitted. Usually I prefer a subtle/shallow lip, but the large projection you have works really well with the canards. Looks really aggressive : thumbs:

• Like 1