Scream if you want to go faster!

evilscorp

Back together, back apart.. :wacko:

IMAG05321_zpsmqcpakhr.jpg

IMAG05391_zpsxxrfq4tu.jpg

These bolts were a pain to get off ended up sitting on the floor with my feet on the bush arm bits a breaker bar on the bolts/nuts and a metal rod through a bush to brace it against with my other arm :blush: looked like a fud but it worked after nearly dislocating my dads shoulder the day before while having him try to help hold it.

IMAG05341_zpsbtqi41v1.jpg

Then it went back on the car to remove the ball joint nut which just spun :dry: thanks to another thread and Zmanalex for the wooden plank technique.

IMAG05371_zpsvrq9lqfw.jpg

Just finished pressing out the old bushes now require a second set of hands to help me separate the hub from the bearing/brake shields.

IMAG05401_zpsyilsh8ap.jpg

Fingers crossed for better weather tomorrow and she should be fully back together :yahoo:

• Like 1

IMAG05411_zpsviyvq4ek.jpgExpecting an easy job of removing the hubs/wheel bearing from the bushing carrier and brake shield. . . What a rusty pile of @#&% had to hammer the dam thing off and wedge in a chisel to pry it apart! Needs a good clean and sand so there goes the idea of having it back together tomorrow =( Edited by evilscorp

Made more tools today as guess what! These other bushes are a different size!

:dry:

IMAG05431_zps8etyu46m.jpg

IMAG05451_zpspltelnve.jpg

Then the missus said "I want to see jurassic world"

So will have to wait till tomorrow to finish pressing in the bushes also the missing bush should arrive :blush:

I'm only doing my comp arm bushes now! The others can stay as they are on my car - definitely in the too much of a pita pile :lol:

The 42mm Sealy S34/42 Walldrive socket turned up and it fits beautifully for comp arm bushes. Shame my press is a bit small between the bed and the drive pole (or what ever you call them) though :doh::lol:

Good work you though :thumbs:

• Like 1

At least its not a scary job like cutting up a fuel bucket :lol: don't envy you there!

I thought my blunt 38mm hole saw would work but it was just a tad wide an ended up going over the edge of the bush at one side when I tried using it in the press, hence the angle grinder was out again on my dads oil tank with the 32mm steel cutting hole saw close behind.

:teeth::yahoo: 8 months of waiting, :cloud9:

what a difference it is to drive a nice quick car for a change! Bit worried but she fired up first time, no issues! well until I reversed her out and heard the new low speed turning noise lol, wow tyre scrabble is weird feeling/noise, but the suspension seems fine, had a noisy front brake but it didn't last too long. The geo is out but bought my dad some laser measuring tools so I will borrow them and give it a quick alignment to get me up to infinity glasgow. Tried the brake in procedure for the kaaz diff but not many car parks near me so ended up down in the marina going 12mph towards a camper van then turn and 12mph towards a parked car, only lasted 10mins before I thought someone (camper van man) will call the cops, cos there is a loony driving in a figure of 8 at low speeds looking weird.

Also unused chewing gum can become a liquid after 8months in a car :blush:

Edited by evilscorp
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More bits arrived. IMAG06641_zpszcfklxzt.jpg

Also my sister (well my dad is) trying to sell her old 51 plate celica, had a guy come to view it and basically said he would have it but my dad wouldn't sell him it lol. There was a loud clunk coming from the steering rack when moving lock to lock. I had already replaced the broken cooler with some spare pipe and the fluid was fine, so hoping it was the tie rod ends I jacked the car up and moved the wheels but no noise :wacko: couldn't see anything wrong until I looked at the spring IMAG06621_zpss6wbd1kq.jpg

It had been broken for a while as the shear mark was rusty... my dad then mentioned he heard a loud bang when jacking the car up the week before :surrender:

After spending hours trying to remove the drop links (stupid allen key bolt design which just turns to a rusty moosh) the grinder came out and it was off.

So work is on hold for the nissan until the chap decides if he wants to pay £150 extra for full front new shocks/springs and drop link or cheap out and I will change the one broken spring and drop link. Needless to say hes getting a bloody good deal on the car and free labour costs from myself :dry:

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up refitting the standard crash bar because I dont have a toe hook or strap yet for the new one and the weather is to be a tad wet at knockhill this saturday. Also had to order some 3.5inch steel pipe which I forgot to do so the new CAI wont be ready and will have to use the old manky filter :dry:

I think there will also be a bit of cutting/shaving involved to fit the new CAI so will no doubt have the car in for a big front end overhaul after the trackday and start fitting the new radiator etc while I am at it. Bit annoyed having to stick old stuff back on but I guess If I have an accident the expensive new parts wont be damaged :lol:

On a plus note the celica is fixed and should be sold this week :D

Edited by evilscorp

Sorry I missed you at end, hope you enjoyed it, I came out the pits behind you at one point , I got Alex in car for afew laps, certainly helped, and don't think I stressed the car too much, I hope... Now,parts or track time, that is the question, I really enjoyed today

• Like 1

No problem Dougie had a great day myself, wasn't until the last hour that I started to actually push the car.(the dry line was helpful!) Lucky I came off when I did as I boiled my brakes on my cool down lap lol, peddle went straight to the floor on the hairpin which was scary! Looks like you had fun and got plenty laps in.

• Like 1

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

there is a trackday 21st november

Will be there ,but probably just watching,Apparently the other half doesn't think her Xmas present should be me going round knockhill :) :)

liked the vid :yahoo:

wee fright at the beginning :scare: but lookin good Sun WAS bright going through the chicane B)

• Like 1

Don't think I would chance the weather either :lol: we both did well not to bin it. Have you seen the video on youtube of the neds in the astra vxr, kinda scary when you have muppets like that on track with you. Also explains where all the vegetation came from going up to clarks on the racing line :dry:

• Like 1

Not sure if its been resurfaced recently? When did you go? I would really like to try an autocross event or somewhere that you can learn the cars behaviour when it's on the edge without fear of tyre walls! Glad you enjoyed the read, need to start the next round of mods soon as my attic is bursting lol.

• 2 months later...