Scream if you want to go faster!

evilscorp

No updates on the Lexus unfortunately. It's leased so can't mod it lol

I have started shopping for the mr2 though :teeth:

Impressed with your work so far mate. Shame your not up the road anymore I would've liked to see it develop. Would've offered to give a hand but dunno what I'd actually do :lol:

• Like 1

Could have done with a hand today, not the easiest to try and put pressure on the wings while also drilling pilot holes and holding them in the correct location. The bottom two bolts were the ones that caused me bother, had to use a paint pen to get a rough outline of the head of a bolt so I knew where to drill as they sit way off and will need some packing to bring them out to keep the door in line and the shut lines ok.

IMAG1159_zpsugsuxy8p.jpg

Trip to B&Q for some longer bolts and a new toy for later...

IMAG1163_zpsojzckied.jpg

Shut lines are ok( I can live with them) also improved the bonnets one :lol: . Might use some filler to pack out some areas later.

IMAG1160_zpswxpmixcf.jpg

IMAG1161_zpsrgew4cav.jpg

The indicator holes need shaved.... but I do like the 370z indicators better....

IMAG1162_zpsbqgb3o4x.jpg

This is why I needed the dremel, no way was my sawzaw going to fit and I had no cutting disks for my drills, my dads angle grinder is scary as fu''# so that was out to.

Great tool, shame I got carried away and cut the side vents as much as I did as they didn't need half that amount cut :headhurt: may be handy for brake cooling ducts or an oil cooler if i get them though. Worst case I fiberglass some of the cut part back on.

IMAG1164_zpspqzmwprj.jpg

Don't mind the white dust (even with a mask my lungs are feeling the burn)

IMAG1165_zpsrpczkiu1.jpg

IMAG1167_zpsuju6d9ur.jpg

IMAG1168_zpsptqcv11o.jpg

• Like 1

its taxed, mot'd and insured... could stick some plates on it and drive lol.

There is a car meet this Sunday so hope to have it in a safe driveable state for then, have a few days off work so its play time everyday :yahoo: Well until the wife moans I've not done my chores.

I should have the rear bumper and sideskirts on tomorrow, might have a go fitting the diffuser but none of it will be wrapped and I am scared to do the interior parts .... :lol:

No way will this be ready, weather is playing up and the fit of this kit is shocking, so much sanding and filling is needed, took one look at the front bumper and that's not going to happen for a while. It doesn't come close to lining up with the Zspeed undertray so I will need to fiberglass a large strip on the bottom so they can link up.

Spent the day on the skirts, one was ok the other :headhurt:

IMAG1171_zps2vxqnlcu.jpg

IMAG1172_zps3ejwr172.jpg

So this was way off.

IMAG1174_zpsfqztzftt.jpg

not great here.

IMAG1175_zpsveqfkq5i.jpg

getting there.

IMAG1177_zpsmv8zurqi.jpg

IMAG1179_zpsgux9zv19.jpg

IMAG1180_zpst49naqgo.jpg

IMAG1182_zpsmuguwq6f.jpg

IMAG1183_zpsed2sqf4d.jpg

IMAG1184_zps1u4ba4rv.jpg

IMAG1187_zpshcqedjf5.jpg

Don't have the correct clips for the OEM bumper so need to wait to install it properly.

IMAG1188_zpsoypotbfo.jpg

The only fixing I managed to do before the rain came on and spoiled play, the sills will be rivnut'ed into place once I am fed up trying to get the fit spot on.

IMAG1189_zpsfd0xj6yr.jpg

Also need to sort out the small rust spot in the arch which won't be getting the chop for the Stardast kit later.

• Like 1

Those front wings look awesome on your Zed. Definitely going to be different. B):teeth:

Well not really :lol: kinda a tribute car to Brian McCann's

80-image_6feac3ecb01c191aecc2ebf833d33a7d8f4db901.jpg

You shouldn't have posted that. It's taken the shine off your build lol

Here we all were thinking you were a trend setter

• Like 1

Lol nope just a DIY copycat. Wouldn't want to pretend it was my idea as Brian has been very helpful in getting the stardast kit.

Won't be going to tartan tarmac probably as its supposedly dry tomorrow morning so the only chance I will get to work on the Z. I will let u know later.

Those front wings look awesome on your Zed. Definitely going to be different. B):teeth:

Well not really :lol: kinda a tribute car to Brian McCann's

Different though still compared to 99.9% of the Zeds on here though. ;)

You still get to keep your "cool points" for that imo even if it is an homage to Brians Zed. :D

• Like 1

Rain halted play :snorkel:

Noticed my rivnuts fit quite well in the holes left by the plastic popper socket things, so that saved drilling new holes also should hold up against rusting. Even so I decided to half ass spray some paint into them to help create a seal with the rivnut to avoid water ingress, I may use silicone later to make sure.

IMAG1198_zpsgasczb4p.jpg

IMAG1200_zpskfs5bid1.jpg

IMAG1196_zpstcfeb9vi.jpg

Then I set about the front bumper adding sheets to allow the undertray to connect.... then I ran out of resin, so need a trip to B&Q or halfords tomorrow.

Used some clingfilm to stop it sticking to the plastic tarp or my wooden floor once it was moved inside so the car could go back in the garage. This stuff stinks. Missus not happy :blush:

IMAG1194_zpsmg1nmpwd.jpg

IMAG1195_zpsrne6egzp.jpg

• Like 1

Well I made an ass of it today, bought new resin from halfords and fibre matting to help strengthen the tissue stuff I had been using, used the full tin of resin to find out the hardener I had been using doesn't work with this new resin =( it's an inferior stuff that uses the same hardener as body filler. Managed to locate some in my tool box and mixed up a small amount to brush over the top, well it's still not hard so probably going to have to start from scratch, doh. Lesson learned.

I have now found my most hatted task. Alcantara wrapping, it sucks.. big time. The stuff just doesn't stretch and is expensive so the last thing I want to do is make cuts to remove the creases, but its going to have to happen as the door card has some complex levels and bends near the handles.

IMAG1205_zps4hcs1jco.jpg

IMAG1206_zps5wvxrzj8.jpgthe key is do small areas at a time :yawn:

IMAG1207_zpsr5xfnglg.jpg

Unfortunately I ran out of light (really need to install one in the conservatory!)

Also this is only the first door :surrender:

IMAG1208_zpsvzrzsfcl.jpg

IMAG1209_zpsbwdonbpg.jpg

I wish I could have payed someone to do it but the only people who are semi close are booked until Feb!