Scream if you want to go faster!

evilscorp

Getting there mate, I'm going to look at my down pipe tomorrow, I can't put my finger on it but something looks different from mine to yours????

I also didnt have as much pressure on the IC pipe joint mine is more "inline" - I added a suppourt to the U bend in front of the arch liner as well otherwise it just hangs there.

Keep up the great work :thumbs:

Unless ive put the thing in upside down?(pritty sure I tried the otherway = Fail) You have longer couplers with yours so that will give you more play. Going to make another bracket for that side of the intercooler and one for the bottom of the power steering cooler using its old brackets hopefully. Thanks for having a look, I would love to put another bracket on the pipe but dont have welding gear at home =(

Hey keyser how come you have longer couplers than evilscorp? Did you buy different ones?

I think when he bought the car the previous owner had the same issues of the couplers being too short, I know DarrenB's got longer couplers as he had problems too.

Any chance we could let this thread die? Every single time I read the thread title I end up singing the Geri song, and then it gets stuck in my head for hours :(

;)

It does get stuck in my head though and it is irritating

Any chance we could let this thread die? Every single time I read the thread title I end up singing the Geri song, and then it gets stuck in my head for hours :(

;)

It does get stuck in my head though and it is irritating

Not sure if I have ever heard that song or remember it, well until I went on youtube, I can see your predicament :lol:

Not long and I will be done........ maybe 2 more months, you could try this song?

:blush:

I got larger ones(two for the intercooler and two for the maf and throttle body) if I hadnt ordered them I dont think I would get them to fit at all. You can see they are the black ones compared with the vortech blue. Ordered from ash hoses I will pm you mate.

C@ck of a day, need some beer and off to a party but end product.

IMG_20130309_171902_zps7e6e68b7.jpg

IMG_20130309_171855_zps87e3df4e.jpg

Didn't start tho and gave up cos its freaking freezing. Still got lots of tidying up to do and brackets etc to sort out .... and plug the fuel pump back in may help next time when trying to start the git.

Looking B)

:lol: Yeah might help the starting issue if there was a fuel pump connected.

Good progress :thumbs:

You should post a vid of the first time you start!

:blush: yup, was getting pee'd off by the end also started arguing with my dad, result a few broken clips and a leaking AC line :dry:, guess I will be with out cool air for a while :angry: .If I am lucky, I might try starting it again tomorrow afternoon. I at least know the belts and charger turn :) Booked RS tuning for 3rd April as I am off to Singapore on Thursday.

Defo need videos of first start up :p

I @*!# myself the first time I started mine, gave it a small rev and the engine shut off :scare: I hadn't tightened a jubille clip enough and it blew a pipe off :blush:

Well I managed to sh@i* myself when I forgot to remove the brake fluid cover from the windscreen wiper area and the wipers were set to full speed (when I climbed over into driver seat). :scare: wiper may need a new blade also :dry:

Anyone know of a way to cut and shut aircon pipes? would rather not buy new ones to then try and bend them, (even though the one I bent already had a gash in it before I started :headhurt: )

IMG_20130309_150756_zps0c96e537.jpg

Predator bleeds!

Also the tolerances of this kit is shocking! had to move so many wires etc, and still squeezes the radiator hoses and is so dam close to cables! :surrender:

Always late to the party. Amazing progress, well done fella!

It will all be worth it in the end! :)

It better be! The amount of blood and arguments I have had over this dam car lol :lol:

Sooo many wee things I am not happy with, going to take a long time to sort them all to a decent standard. :surrender:

Always late to the party. Amazing progress, well done fella!

It will all be worth it in the end! :)

It better be! The amount of blood and arguments I have had over this dam car lol :lol:

Sooo many wee things I am not happy with, going to take a long time to sort them all to a decent standard. :surrender:

I've been there buddy, trust me.... more then most people on here.

Now I can never sell her! :surrender:

Tried to start it up again, nice sound of fuel pissing out of somewhere :dry:

Plenum off

IMG_20130313_111125_zps99589e96.jpg

Works better when you put the fittings the correct way around :blush:

IMG_20130313_115128_zps67dc190b.jpg

Then tried again.... more fuel spewing out the wee silver nut, nothing a bit of ptfe tape and a good tighten wont sort!

IMG_20130313_125256_zps0e444723.jpg

one more time! and she kept pressure! :D but tired adjusting it on the fuel pressure reg but it just stayed around 20 psi??? Is this correct? i.e. can I only adjust it when I start the car or should I have been able to see pressure change when I screwed the wee thing on top up or down?

Will have to wait till after my holiday to fire her up for real. Also cancelled RS tuning as I would rather have the car finished before going down to get it tuned. :surrender: