Scream if you want to go faster!

evilscorp

Well today was a long day. Set off at 7am arrived just after 12pm. A nice welcome puddle at the front of our transporter as it had just split a pipe and emptied its coolant! Got on the phone to the guy we hired it off to be told RAC are on there way, anyway problem fixed (burst oil filter heater connection? so he bypassed it and all was good). As for my car... took a while to get on the rollers due to RS having a new titanium exhaust fitted to their R35 GTR! which they have only had for a few weeks.

Car went on rollers, I fitted the GT maf and they tried to upload a base map as my import 03 does not have real time mapping?? (04- after do) so the car was running like poo. Started to get it going good, sounds great but did stay on the dyno for too many pulls (8 in total) not surprised as it was doing a nice wee on the floor not sure how the smell didnt over power Paul! Traced the leak to the fuel return line where it goes though the fuel pump housing (the nylon washer and o-ring were not keeping the pressure in (anyone know what pressure the fuel tank goes to?) so it was bubbling out from there.

Got a safe quick tune of 428.2hp 370FtLb at the fly up from previous 278.9hp 270FtLb. those numbers are 358.6whp at a safe 0.6bar or 8.7psi AFR drops down to 11.5 at wot.IMG_20130516_151724_zpsca190406.jpg

Good power figures. Pity about the fuel leak but im sure youll manage to fix it. How does the car feel to drive now?

Don't know :lol: didn't have a front bumper on so couldn't test it on the roads down in leeds and only got home 2 hours ago! All I can say is it doesn't stall any more, likes to drive, air/ fuel seems good. Well..... I did give it a half boot in the carpark to which I shat myself and Speckey (the nutter mechanic with a corsaru and fastest fwd tigra (look it up if you can)) laughed at the face I made :scare:

:scare: :scare: :drive1 :teeth: Dremel bought, fuel leak solved! When I had cut the hole for the return line it was not a smooth flat surface on the underside of the carrier so the seal was poor (my bad!) took it out today and with the new dremel made a much better surface and the two nylon washers are now flush with each side. No more stinking of petrol! Went for a drive after.... my dad's word's "I have never been in a car this fast!" only got to 6psi lol taking it easy with my new grim reaper of a car. Also that bypass valve is soo addictive!

No I only had half a tank left :blush: and you take take the pump carrier out to work on it, lucky Zmanalex gives you two o-rings in a pack :lol: spent 2hours with files trying to do it by hand with my dad holding the carrier upside down until we cracked and he went to b&Q. Just went for another drive..... its fun soooo much fun, this is what I imagined/wished my dream car would be like. Some people say the Z should have came with this power from the start... I disagree, its not for the faint hearted and makes you feel special (not the inbetweeners kind). :cloud9:

You will love your car Ninja once its done.

oh right I see. yeah it sounds brilliant. I cant wait for it. my chargers still not here, it got to US customs and got sent back as there was oil in the package and it wasn't marked as flammable or some s**t like that. starting to get really p`d off with this company with not returning emails/phonecalls.

oh right I see. yeah it sounds brilliant. I cant wait for it. my chargers still not here, it got to US customs and got sent back as there was oil in the package and it wasn't marked as flammable or some s**t like that. starting to get really p`d off with this company with not returning emails/phonecalls.

What company did you use?

Please tell me it wasn't Ass-aultech :dry:

Edited by evilscorp

I used to have a trade account with said company as it was more cost effective than the $20,000 Vortech buy in, not anymore as I wouldn't urinate on that company if it was on fire, they did the same to me with Gary's. I know one of the guys at Vortech and the turnaround time on an SC is 3-4 weeks max. The company you mention just sit on your money so they have a better cash flow, spoke to a few trusted guys stateside and they are renowned for it and have a bad rep in the industry.

Gary, looking good matey !! Give me a holler when your ready for Jap Performance Magazine and I will get you a spot !

That was who Tarmac ordered through, he says he will never use them again they are that bad.

You need to contact Vortech, I ended up speaking with this guy, Frank, fquintero@vortechsuperchargers.com

Ask if they have had the order in from ass-tech and try to work back as we found that ass-tech tried to hold the money as long as possible and dont send any requests to vortech until you find out they have done sod all with your money.

Good luck mate :surrender:

• 3 weeks later...

Had a go at installing my new drop links and roll bars. Disconnected the drop link from the suspension arm but couldn't get a socket on the connection to the roll bar so just skipped that since they both are now sentenced to clog up garage space. The 3 bolts holding the roll bar bushes in place came off quite easy with some force but the nuts were a pain and one rounded. :dry:IMG_20130607_153306_zps04b83e34.jpg

Then it proceeded to be get stuck on my socket until I found a long punch to whack it out.IMG_20130607_155854_zps5e631fed.jpg

I will order some new bolts too as only a few buffed up well enough with the wire brush.

New and old.

IMG_20130607_162612_zps83b7a432.jpg

IMG_20130607_173406_zpsf6af0a0f.jpgTest fitted.

Thankfully I lay off the beers this week, otherwise I wasn't fitting under that! Wish I could use my trolley jack on the front of the car cos I dont trust the nissan one to jack up past the lowest setting on my axle stands. :wacko: IMG_20130607_162624_zps7a1f1005.jpg

Off to message Zmanalex for sum nuts and bolts!

• 3 weeks later...

These ain't going back on :dry:

IMG_20130622_151958_zpsc417871d.jpg

Love my gravity defying tools

IMG_20130622_153220_zps6e7716fa.jpg

Forgot that someone had mentioned the exhaust has to come off to fit/remove the antiroll bars on the rear. Tried my hardest to wiggle it off, but no luck. The exhaust hangers were too stiff to come off so had to remove a section of pipe, going to be a pain to put back on as I need some exhaust sealant due to the rear flange leaking slightly previously (there is a gasket but not the correct size :dry: )

IMG_20130622_162905_zpsa2f4f798.jpg

first aid on standby as always :lol: old one is prity knackered.

IMG_20130622_162829_zps046a7528.jpg

Too hungover to fit the new eibach rollbar and whiteline drop links today, need to do it this week though as the missus is finally back from singapore and I will have to stop tinkering with the car :cry:

• 5 months later...

Been a while since I updated this, car is off the road for winter so started spending money on other things I don't need :blush: went over my budget as normal.

13852386635181_zps10fc3fc6.jpg 13852208324161_zpsa11343fb.jpg

But it didn't take me long to get excited when I saw the deal Clarkmotorsport/Zmanalex were doing on stage 2 clutches! :scare:

Doing a bit of research I realised that it would not cope with the power I am running/aiming for in the future. So stage 3? nope....

13853885206211_zps987ef4b4.jpg

13853890296561_zps9dd80a16.jpg

:D Stage 4 should cope for my next plans....

But unfortunately they will have to wait as I plan on buying the missus a very expensive ring for when we go ski/snowboarding in Andorra in Dec. :surrender:

• Like 1

Title probably doesn't help things much as Ekonda already mentioned. Lol. Lots more has been done to the car but either I couldn't be ass'd posting or wasn't worth mentioning (door handles now black, interior bits, 3" charge pipes in boxes etc.) And your build helped a lot Darren-B as it was still fresh when I started mine. =-)

• 1 month later...