Scream if you want to go faster!

evilscorp

Started early thinking it would be a quick chop of the bumper and on it would go :dry: I wish I had used the words over estimate for the first time in my life as me and my dad were back and forth cutting and filing then offering the bumper up to see somewhere else it fouled.

No power saws for us real men :blush: drilled lots of little holes then used a file to remove sharp edges.

IMG_20130413_110343_zps867080e7.jpg

IMG_20130413_154459_zps13a19498.jpg

IMG_20130413_152229_zps9bb04abe.jpg

Then the fun began, :blush: told my dad to take a video of first start up.

th_VID_20130413_154840_zpsde355120.jpg

http://s1168.photobu...355120.mp4.html

No starty :scare: gave it 10mins for the fuel to evap, then second go! (pitty my dad wasn't filming and had to rush to give me the phone)

th_VID_20130413_155955_zps425fc655.jpg

http://s1168.photobu...5fc655.mp4.html

Sorry its short as it runs pig rich! had to give it a bit of gas after cranking for quite long before it came to life, ended up settling at 1200ish rpm but not for long as I was passing out from the fumes :lol: Will get wheels on and go for a drive round the block next weekend (tax will be next month.) :teeth:

Sorry not sure how to upload photobucket vids?

Also need to tighten the belts as you can hear :headhurt:

Edited by evilscorp

Tweeked the fuel pressure and she runs much better now, had the engine light and edc pop up when first started her outside the garage but after adjusting and pulling the battery it went away. Drove round the block and all values seemed steady enough. A/F = 14ish, Boost = 22ish, Fuel pressure = 43ish.

The zspeed undertray hatch is quite close to the sump and had to remove one of its screw/bracket thing as it was touching and dont fancy rubbing a hole :surrender:

Reused a bracket for the coolant pipes to hold the wiring loom away from the spinning vortech tooth pulley also cable tied down a wire for the cam sensor which is very close :scare: and a little loose cable tie to stop the dip stick wandering into destruction :lol:

IMG_20130419_184545_zps83f44e46.jpg

IMG_20130419_184944_zpsf7b6fe68.jpg

http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/evilZ69/media/VID_20130420_130317_zps7b7baaf3.mp4.html

(video of in car)

Only wee scare was the slight knocking noise in the car but traced it to the supercharger and is the standard 'sounds like balls busting' vortech low idle problem. Should go away with the uprev and raise the idle to 1100rpm probably?

Rs tuning is fully booked till 16th May =( so going to have to wait a bit longer. On the plus side I thought my pipe work was leaking(insert joke here) or rad fan was now blowing in a weird direction as everything on my passenger side garage wall was being blown about and felt like I had a hairdryer in the wheel arch area! After a bit of head scratching I remembered which way the bpv blows, blood*y hell its not half strong a gust! Note to self dont go near the car in a kilt!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks mean :angry:

I've always been tempted by these, but never got round to it. Ebay ones?

Yeah Sam, will post you the link when I finish work today as some of the adverts dont fill you with confidence but these were around 35quid came from china, very quick, and well packaged in its own wooden box! Plus foam padding. Not quite sure what its made from/how, think its one sheet of carbon with either a lot of top coat/plastic then some other dull material for backing. Comes with a big roll of 3M double sided tape which is good but I also added a bit of no more nails tape just for overkill. Fitted very nicely.

Looks sweet. Cant wait to see it in person

As Sam said I was going for the mean look not sweet, hehe =p

Also that garage adds 1hour onto every job as you have to stretch, lube yourself up then plan what tetrus shape you need to get into before you do anything!

i didnt mean sweet as in "cute" :lol: . at least youve got a garage to work in, my garage is filled with junk and even if it was empty i could just get the car in but would need to spend the night as i couldnt get the doors open :lol: . im doing my build on my driveway :scare:

Real men don't use garages ;)

Wanna borrow my mankini for the build? :lol:

i didnt mean sweet as in "cute" :lol: . at least youve got a garage to work in, my garage is filled with junk and even if it was empty i could just get the car in but would need to spend the night as i couldnt get the doors open :lol: . im doing my build on my driveway :scare:

That only applies to winter builds Ian :lol:

How do you get out of the Zed when its in the garage??? :headhurt:

Thanks but i prefer just a small pair of budgie smugglers :lol: .

I dont get out the car when its in the garage so it stays on my drive unfortunately and the garage is used for storing lots of zed parts and the likes. I suppose i could use some of evilscorps lube and slide my way out the boot :lol:

• Like 1

:lol:

You need a Z Gazebo, much better than a Z shed :p

DSC_3040_zpsb6bb488d.jpg

winter builds ftw, one day we had rain, snow, hail & thunder :lol: fun times :teeth:

Still amazed how that tracing paper tent didn't fly away or get ripped to shreds!

Ninja I would have preferred to do mine on my driveway but its on a slope and I have built a car that does not like rain :lol: (really need to make some vent covers or somthing)

Any word on your arriving?

Ive got a little crappy gazeebo so might put that up aswell. Yeah its due in mid next week as it got sent on tuesday. They said they dont have a tracking number until it goes on the plane which i thought was strange. Ive decided to just try and fit every thing myself now so if you see a big mushroom cloud to the north youl know its all went wrong :lol:

Bit the bullet, I have hired a car transporter to take the Z to RS tuning next week. Probably would cost similar to drive her down the way she is running at the moment :dry: fine at 30-40mph but on the motorway she sucks! and vomits fuel out the exhaust so bad I was getting worried looks from other motorists :scare: saves the spark plugs from fouling too. Just hope I am happy with the results or the 3.12 pulley will be bought :lol:

Well the ING's front bumper is the biggest pain in the ass for ramps! Tried using lots of planks of wood to reduce the incline but no luck, this is where she will sit until 6.45 am. IMG_20130515_211150_zps55c1c837.jpg

Saves the hassle of scraping it off RS rollers like last time :dry:

Getting very good at taking the bumper off without snapping the plastic clips also I now know the wheels dont have to be off either :)