Beaten by a SEAT Leon!

taffyjason

Has he got a Petrol or Diesel FR?

I have a Zed and a Leon FR so I am both emasculated and exfoliated all at the same time :thumbs:

Lol :lol:

His is a dirty diesel. I quite like driving it to be honest- when you put your foot down you can really feel the torque :drive1

S.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has he got a Petrol or Diesel FR?

I have a Zed and a Leon FR so I am both emasculated and exfoliated all at the same time :thumbs:

Lol :lol:

His is a dirty diesel. I quite like driving it to be honest- when you put your foot down you can really feel the torque :drive1

S.

Mine is a dirty diesel too and I like driving it, mainly because it is so different to drive than the Zed but I agree the torque is amazing in the right gear and revs :drive1

Novas weighed nothing, those Astras were tanks!

Much like a hot hatch and a 350Z then...... ;)

In all honesty though a lot comes down to the driver. When I was 17 my mate had a 1.0 Polo bread van (with the timing advanced a little! :lol::lol: ) and he could thrash all my mates with tuned RS turbos and stuff. He was a fearless bugger that pushed and pushed the limits and took chances nobody else would dream of. The fact he's still with us is a miracle to be honest. His polo was never beaten on back road blasts by ANYTHING!

The fact though that the turbo nutter hot hatches are producing big power and are so easy to tune means that 911s etc can easily be made a fool of if they are caught in the wrong gear or a little off guard.

My point was that a standard ibiza cupra would never beat a 380 horse evo.

And my point was that the car in the OP probably wasnt standard. If someone said it was an A3 that went past him would you believe it, theres plenty of them rocking about with 350+hp on the same engine ;)

Likewise, the Ibiza that went past my brothers Evo wasnt either, I later found out it was running around 400hp. Whatever the camera car is in the video I posted, I think we can all agree the Leon in it would destroy any NA 350Z :)

As for getting power down, the quickest thing Ive ever seen on the road was my cousin in a 500hp Civic, he didnt seem to be struggling as he pi**ed off into the distance.

I used to own a MK4 Cupra before the Z, not a hope in hell that it beats an Evo (Although I'm sure Docwra will have driven multiple tuned versions of both cars to give his opinion :p)

Sorry, I forgot hearsay and conjecture trumps actual experience on here. :stir:

Ah yes, my hearsay ;)

Owned MK4 Cupra, Owned 350Z - Both NA & FI, Owned R34 GTR.

Best mates car? An Evo 7 that I have driven quite often.

I'm sure you will have driven every version of the above, in every single possible state of tune though :stir:

Sorry, whats wrong with having driven a few different cars? Or are you suggesting that I make up these fantastic stories or something? :dry:

With your incredible car history then surely you would appreciate that getting 350hp out of a Seat Leon isnt that difficult, and that said Leon would then hand a 350 its ass in a straight line? Or am I back in fairytale land again?

Yes, 350HP is just a bolt on isn't it? Thats why there are SO many running that sort of power & its not a big achievement for those who get there ;) 350HP is quite a bit more difficult than you would believe it to be. Just have a look on SCN at some of the builds & the difficulties people are facing to get that sort of power figure.

Where was it stated that said Leon was running 350HP? a 350HP Leon probably would leave a NA Z but I'm failing to see where this 350HP Leon has suddenly appeared from? Did you bring it back to the real world on your brief visit from fairy tale land? :p

This is it, i have a sleeper car in the garage (1.4 turbo punto gt) running 210 bhp yes it is quick yes i like driving it but like you said its a crappy car but no one expects the power thats why i love it.

I did used to look for people with high end cars to see what the car could do against them but then they did still look cool driving there car then me in my punto lol.

a 350HP Leon probably would leave a NA Z

Depends on the Zed I guess, my 370z has about 350HP :p:yahoo::stir:

Certainly 350HP in a Ibiza/Leon is quite an achievement, especially in the Mk1's. I remember being able to get them up to about 280HP(ish) quite easily if you had the LCR engine, but anything over 300HP required a fair bit of work.

Those Leons are now able to go into silly figures without 'that' much being spent on them. They are big 'sleeper' cars in the performance/hot hatch market. They are 225 standard so your 'only' looking at a coule of grand to get it comfortably over 300. Some of the fettled ones are seriously quick bearing in mind the Leon was always known for its ingear rather than 0-60 /sprint abilities.

They are a fantastic tuners option.